Iverson to Houston?

Zero

I don't buy it, Iverson never said anything about coming to Houston.

Daryl Morey did convince Trevor Ariza to come to Houston. I mean he could have gotten more money in TO and been a top 3 scoring option there.

They don't need Iverson.

Outside of Brooks/Lowry we really don't have a permitter player who has proven to be a creator for himself. T-Mac can but who knows when he'll be back. Iverson could help push us into the playoffs.

Daryl Morey did convince Trevor Ariza to come to Houston. I mean he could have gotten more money in TO and been a top 3 scoring option there.

Which reminds me, wasn't Ariza supposed to be 'featured' in our offense?

Outside of Brooks/Lowry we really don't have a permitter player who has proven to be a creator for himself. T-Mac can but who knows when he'll be back. Iverson could help push us into the playoffs.

Iverson slows down the development of Brooks and Lowry, and do you really think Kyle is going to resign if he's the third point guard on our team? This makes no sense, I thought we were going to a full pledged motion offense this year but we sign a ISO guard like AI?

• Owner

Iverson is a huge upgrade over Brooks and Lowry. I don't see the problem. AI is one year removed from a 50-win season with the Nuggets as arguably their best offensive threat (leading scorer, shooting 46% from the floor and also averaging seven assists and less turnovers than Carmelo).

Just because he didn't fit in Detroit doesn't mean his career is over.

• Like 1

Iverson is a huge upgrade over Brooks and Lowry. I don't see the problem. AI is one year removed from a 50-win season with the Nuggets as arguably their best offensive threat (leading scorer, shooting 46% from the floor and also averaging seven assists and less turnovers than Carmelo).

Just because he didn't fit in Detroit doesn't mean his career is over.

Do you really think he will fit in Adelman's system? Yao's out for the season, Tracy will miss 50 games, isn't it time we rebuild and groom our youth?

Also someone else on another board heard the rumor on the radio as well...

Edited by Dash

Do you really think he will fit in Adelman's system? Yao's out for the season, Tracy will miss 50 games, isn't it time we rebuild and groom our youth?

Also someone else on another board heard the rumor on the radio as well...

We have nothing to lose with Iverson really, and he'll be our SG.

We have nothing to lose with Iverson really, and he'll be our SG.

Meaning Tracy will start over Ariza once he gets back. Brooks/Iverson/McGrady on the court together...not sure how that is going to work.

I just don't want this to be a repeat of 2006, where we were one loss away from drafting Brandon Roy. I think we should be in full rebuild mode instead of trying to salvage a hopeless season.

Signing him would keep fans in the seats...I rather not sign but if we do, I'll live. Les and Morey know what they're doing I guess..

Really I think this would be a good option, maybe a 2 yr deal with a team option though. Just to see what happens. As was stated earlier, one bad stint with Detroit does not mean his career is over. He still has the tools to be an elite guard. I say go for it.

1. it's not like your youth is so good that they can take time away from AI, he's clearly better

2. didnt you draft rudy gay and trade him for battier? yeah.

Yeah, like 4 years ago, what the [expletive] does that have to do with anything? We were looking to win then, we are rebuilding now. And our youth is pretty good, Aaron Brooks averaged 20 ppg in the playoffs, while AI was fishing.

Meaning Tracy will start over Ariza once he gets back. Brooks/Iverson/McGrady on the court together...not sure how that is going to work.

I just don't want this to be a repeat of 2006, where we were one loss away from drafting Brandon Roy. I think we should be in full rebuild mode instead of trying to salvage a hopeless season.

Signing him would keep fans in the seats...I rather not sign but if we do, I'll live. Les and Morey know what they're doing I guess..

lmao, no way ariza is benched. If anything move AI to PG. AI is way better than brooks. You guys forget how good AI is.

• Owner

Not really way better, Brooks has improved a lot and averaged 20 ppg in the playoffs.

15 against Blake, 18 against Fisher (and I'm sure any speedy point guard could drop 20 on Fish).

He shot under 41% in the regular season.

15 against Blake, 18 against Fisher (and I'm sure any speedy point guard could drop 20 on Fish).

He shot under 41% in the regular season.

In a regular season which was considered by many to be his rookie season. Brooks shot 45% in the playoffs...Blake isn't a bad defender and 15 ppg is pretty good as the third option. In the Lakers series, Fisher played about 20 minutes and Brown/Farmar played the rest but didn't do much better trying to contain Aaron.

AI shot 41% last season.

In a regular season which was considered by many to be his rookie season. Brooks shot 45% in the playoffs...Blake isn't a bad defender and 15 ppg is pretty good as the third option. In the Lakers series, Fisher played about 20 minutes and Brown/Farmar played the rest but didn't do much better trying to contain Aaron.

AI shot 41% last season.

Cuz most of it was spent with Detroit where he didn't fit in well.

Go back just one year ago where he averaged 26 and 7. I doubt he's gotten worse in 1 year, just didn't really fit in.

• Owner

You can't compare Iverson and Brooks. Yeah, Iverson has shot 40% in his career as a primary scoring option, and a player that many have to double.

Nobody has to double Brooks. If anything, teams were leaving him open to close in on Yao and even Artest and Scola.

He shot 45% in the playoffs against a very slow and old point guard in Fisher (who flops) and a player in Farmar that has absolutely no lateral quickness. Brown was busy defending Lowry and Houston's two-guards.