How would Usain Bolt do as a WR?

ChosenOne

All he has is speed. One solid hit and he'd be out for the season. Let him stick to dominating sprinting.

Nothing against him or anything, I'm a big fan of track and it's amazing watching him compete.

Edited by Gil-Zero

Can't he sprint past every defender? Maybe they have to play deep as hell haha.

Yeah that is what I was thinking. Yeah one hit would kill the dude but still he would make the the defense respect the deep ball so much it would make the running game so much better.

Yeah that is what I was thinking. Yeah one hit would kill the dude but still he would make the the defense respect the deep ball so much it would make the running game so much better.

lmao no they wouldn't. Could Tiger Woods bat 3rd for the Yankees, just because he can hit a golf ball far?

lmao no they wouldn't. Could Tiger Woods bat 3rd for the Yankees, just because he can hit a golf ball far?

WTF?

He is a [expletive]ing golfer nothing like baseball.

Bolt would be a reciever, where he would run straight down the feild (like a sprint) and try to catch the ball.

Edited by ChosenOne

WTF?

He is a [expletive]ing golfer nothing like baseball.

Bolt would be a reciever, where he would run straight down the feild (like a sprint) and try to catch the ball.

Basically, you're saying since he can run fast, he'll be a good receiver.

My concept is since Tiger Woods can drive the ball 375 yards, he'll be a good power hitter.

There's really no difference in the ideas.

My concept is since Tiger Woods can drive the ball 375 yards, he'll be a good power hitter.

No, but I think he could be could be.

No because you swing a golf club at a ball on a pin, in baseball the ball is at 90+ mph at you and you try to hit it, also you have to run towards the bases. Then play defense.

Big difference in ideas.

That's completely different. It's not like Bolt would have to change the way he runs in the NFL, except the direction. Tiger Woods takes his time with his golf swing. It's not about timing a hit while a ball is flying out you.

2 totally different comparisons.

No, but I think he could be could be.

No because you swing a golf club at a ball on a pin, in baseball the ball is at 90+ mph at you and you try to hit it, also you have to run towards the bases. Then play defense.

Big difference in ideas.

OK, your concept of a receiver is so basic though?

No, Usain Bolt couldn't block Ray Lewis.

No, Usain Bolt couldn't take a hit from Troy Polamalu.

For him yes it would be.

Duh, way to state the obvious.

Duh, way to state the obvious.

K, and you did the same thing with Tiger Woods. Obviously he can't hit a 90 MPH fastball. When you simplify the two concepts, they sound ideal. When you look in detail, they both fail.

lol NO

Yes. You said basically what a WR does is run down the field. Bolt could do that, yes.

I said basically what a power hitter does is hit balls hard. Tiger could do that, yes.

But, when Bolt can't block 250 pound linebackers, or take a hit from someone who has just as much muscle as Bolt weighs in total, being a wide receiver is harder than it seems.

And when going from just hitting balls goes to hitting a 100 mph fastball, followed by a 75 mph curve ball, hitting home runs is harder than it seems.

That's the dumbest thing ive ever heard. The whole concept is [expletive]ed by not only the fact that the golfers are hitting a stationary ball but a bat is much heavier then a golf club.

That's the dumbest thing ive ever heard. The whole concept is [expletive]ed by not only the fact that the golfers are hitting a stationary ball but a bat is much heavier then a golf club.

OK, then chosen one's concept is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. The whole concept is [expletive]ed by not only the fact that sprinters are simply running, but that an NFL wide receiver also has to block, and take hits.

Yes. You said basically what a WR does is run down the field. Bolt could do that, yes.

I said basically what a power hitter does is hit balls hard. Tiger could do that, yes.

But, when Bolt can't block 250 pound linebackers, or take a hit from someone who has just as much muscle as Bolt weighs in total, being a wide receiver is harder than it seems.

And when going from just hitting balls goes to hitting a 100 mph fastball, followed by a 75 mph curve ball, hitting home runs is harder than it seems.

Dude If bolt were ever to be a WR he would not be put into block a [expletive]ing 250 lineback trust me.

Tiger on the other hand would have to hit the [expletive]ing ball he would have not choice.

OK, then chosen one's concept is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. The whole concept is [expletive]ed by not only the fact that sprinters are simply running, but that an NFL wide receiver also has to block, and take hits.

Not at all Usain Bolt could put on some weight. No one says he has to block they can bring him on spread packages and feature him only on passing plays. Usain Bolt COULD be a WR I don't see it happening but hes got the physical abilities. Tigers wood CANNOT play and could NEVER baseball.