Amare Would 'Love To Stay' With Suns

Sun Tzu

Amare Stoudemire expects to play for the Suns this season, but believes there is a good chance that he could be elsewhere next summer.

"I was really looking forward to my entire career being in [Arizona]," Stoudemire told Yahoo! Sports. "It kind of put a hold on a few of my decision-making things. ... I don't know if I'm sure if I want to play one more year here, or be gone, or sign an extension and play here for another six years or so.

"If they are loyal to me, I'm loyal to them. I'm a loyal person and always have been. My word is bond. I'd love to stay; the Suns have been phenomenal so far. But anything can change."

He can hit the free agent market next summer if he declines his $17.6 million option for the 2010-11 season.

The All-Star believes his chances of remaining in Phoenix past this coming season stand at "50-50."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61235/20090821/amare_would_love_to_stay_with_suns/

What concerns me about this article is that he may be making 17.6 million next year. He better score 25 ppg this season :(

No way. He should be getting at least 30 ppg and claiming that MVP award!