Which player will be more valuable to their new team?

Warren2ThaG

Most Valuable  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ron Artest.

Richard Jefferson will help the Spurs but not that much. He fits well with the team and thats what will help the Spurs but I think Artest will be more valuable with the Lakers than Richard Jefferson with the Spurs.

I actually went with Jefferson.

The Spurs have lacked that 3rd or 4th scoring option (whichever way you look at it) and player who can step in if Manu ever goes done, which has been proven to happen before, obviously.

Jefferson gives him a guy who can create oppurtunities and chances with the ball in his hands, and his defense is going to be invaluable on the wing.

Could go him, Artest, or Turkoglu though. Artest does a lot of the things that I previously mentioned as well and is definitely an upgrade over Trevor Ariza. I think it probably comes down to personal preference in the end. Whoever you like more in certain situations, probably.

I picked Jefferson. He provides so much more to the Spurs than any other player provides to their team. They acquired not only a slashing 3 point shooter, but a top offensive choice who is also a decent defender, and this makes the Spurs one of the most threatening 3 point shooting teams in the entire league. When Tony Parker drives to the basket and finds himself trapped, he now has multiple options on the perimeter in Mason and Jefferson, and both are absolutely lights out from downtown. That's why the Spurs are my pick as the 09-10 NBA champs.

• 4 weeks later...

Turkoglu. He will become the backbone of that team's offense instantly. He's a main playmaker along with Calderon, the addition of him adds a whole new dimension to their offense and they will utilize him fully.

RJ, Vince will help their respective teams, but unlike Hedo they will be only "the other pieces", Turk will be a main piece of Toronto's success.

• Owner

Depends.

If Manu is still injured, it's Richard Jefferson. For all we know, Ginobili's injury could be career-threatening (although I'm sure it's not). We haven't gotten a definite answer and proof that he'll be fine.

It could be Artest. His man defense is excellent compared to Ariza's (he was the solid help defender), and that means Kobe won't have to roam so much. For Bryant, that means more time to focus on man defense, and more energy for offensive production.

I could make a case for Gordon, also, but that depends on if he's starting or coming off the bench. I'm worried that, as a starter, he'll have to play the point, and Ben Gordon is no point guard. Then again, he needs to start...so that's something Detroit will have to sort out soon.

Andre Miller? I don't know. Roy needs the ball in his hands quite a bit, and he's almost your typical point-forward. Miller could be excellent for Greg Oden, though, and if Oden starts producing, Portland could be really, really scary.

I can't say that Vince will make up for Lee and Turkoglu. He'll have to play defense, facilitate the offense, and shoot the three, all things that will be missing (slightly) from Orlando's roster because of the loss of those two. Carter isn't in his prime anymore.

Sheed won't be that big of a deal in Boston. The true story is the comeback of Garnett, Rondo's improvements, and the addition of Marquis Daniels (which finally gives Rondo and Allen time to rest).

Hedo in Toronto could boost them into the playoffs, but they won't contend because of him, and they may miss Anthony Parker a little more than expected.

If Okafor can catch those lobs like Chandler can (and it's a no), then he'll boost New Orleans back into contention. He'll still contribute, but David West will continue to be Chris Paul's primary target.

A motivated Vince Carter is one of the best players in the league and I think if everything goes right for the Magic they will be very scary this season. They lost a lot when they lost Hedo but they got a lot more when they traded for Vince and he will turn out to be very valuable to them as Hedo once was to the Magic.

I'm going for Vince Carter. For reasons that will never be clear to me, people will always forget about a player if he's 30 years old and on a bad team. I gather that the consensus opinion is that Vince Carter is done for. After all, he couldn't lead such a wonderful Nets team to the playoffs. He might as well retire.

The truth is that Vince Carter is still a devastating offensive player. He's not a defensive stopper, though he's not a liability either.

The problem is that Vince might quickly become demotivated. It doesn't help that he'll be one of the oldest players on this Orlando team. The Magic would do well to get their own Antonio McDyess to keep Carter in prime mental condition. In fact, I wonder if they could hire a "special assistant" who's sole responsibility is forcing Vince Carter to work like a professional athlete.

I think Mr. T. is a free agent.