Melo or Roy?

Revis Island

Melo or Roy?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Of course I think Roy is the better player because I'm a homer. But the maturity Melo showed in the playoffs this year impressed me. It's like right when the post season came, he changed his attitude 100% and you could tell that just by watching him. I think getting Billups on the team has helped Melo grow into a much better player.

Brandon Roy for me though.

In terms of scoring, It's still pretty close. Roy is more efficient than Melo, but I still feel Melo is the better scorer mainly because of his post up game and how many ways he can score on you. Roy is the better passer, Melo is the better rebounder and defender. I would rely on Roy to make the last shot than Melo, so I am still undecided.

Roy, scorer, passer, leader.

Melo isn't the leader of Denver, and of course he's going to be a better rebounder, he's much bigger than Roy. Roy is a combo guard, Melo is a small forward. Defensively, Roy has the edge. I don't see where Melo improved his defense so much that there's even an argument, but Roy has been solid consistently and doesn't get burned often.

Scoring wise, Melo's the better scorer but it's not that much bigger of a margin. I'd say I'd rather have Roy taking the last shot than Carmelo too, he's much more clutch.

I think Melo is better. Melo imo is a better scorer and finisher when taking it the basket. Is bigger and stronger to grab boards. And what I like that I seen from Melo is he wants to accept challenges now. We seen this in the WCF now as he wants the guard the best player in the end of games. Before Melo wouldn't do this. But I'm liking how Melo is developing as a player

Because of Roy's brain, he has the edge.

Melo plays you different. If you're Luke Walton, he doesn't bother to defend and get drained a three in his face. If you're Kobe then he wants to impress the world, "hey I'm trying to stop the best player in the game, he gives me challenge to play defense, now shut up about me not playing defense."

It's all evident in the playoffs with Melo leaving Walton wide open or playing half defense on him time and time again... in the elimination Game 6 etc. But when he's on Kobe, he played him as if he's Bruce Bowen.

You don't underestimate opponents no matter who you are.

In terms of game maturity, thought process, Roy has him by far... not even close. When Ron Artest said Roy was the toughest player he's ever had to guard, he's right, not because of the PPG, but because Roy precisely knew when to attack him and how to, either score or pass.

If Melo had Roy's brain, he'd be in the same sentence as his draft class mates LeBron and Wade.

Edited by Snake
  • Like 1

Roy is a legitimate leader for Portland.

Much of Denver's great success last year came with the leadership of Chauncey. Melo is improving defensivley and in other areas, but to me, he's just one of the top offensive players in the league. (Top 5). Roy has more all-around game and he's stronger.