Nash Still Questions Cuban's Decision To Let Him Go

Sun Tzu

Steve Nash still doesn't fully understand why Mavericks owner Mark Cuban allowed him to leave via free agency in the summer of 2004.

"It was strange to me after all the contracts he had overpaid that the buck would stop with me," Nash said in a lengthy interview with ESPN's Bill Simmons.

Nash far from regressed after his stay in Dallas. He won a pair of MVP awards with Phoenix and averaged close to a double-double last season.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61255/20090822/nash_still_questions_cubans_decision_to_let_him_go/

I don't see why that bothers him. He's been more than successful with Phoenix. If anything he should be wondering "Why the [expletive] did Kerr trade away Marion and Banks for chemistry killing Shaq?"

Completely true. But no matter how well he does here in Phoenix, it's always going to sting that the Mavericks were willing to let him go.

It hardly helps that they threw gobs of money at, say, Erick Dampier. But even if they didn't...he was no MVP, but he played well enough with Dallas that he had to feel pretty valuable.

But, like you said. It's worked out pretty well so far.

I guess Nash doesn't realize everything happens for a purpose. It's amazing how he just exploded when he was signed by Phoenix. It was just like he was playing to make Mark Cuban kick himself.

We all know it was the uptempo scheme, but we all know how it goes.

mark cuban an nash AGREED to a deal an cuban thought he was gon sign, next day comes and outta no where nash signs with phx.

i don't know why nash feels this way when hes the one who signed to a diff after verbally agreeing to terms with dallas.