Whats up with all the Machine Hate?

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah and what happened in 08-09? Want to bring up those numbers as well? Trash is trash BUDDY.

i know he sucked in 08 09... but you said he's always been pathetic. he definitely hasnt. first of all, in 07 08 he actually CLOSED games as the 2, with kobe as the 3. 2ndly, he had in incredible bench season and a lot of people were praising him. if we had this discussion after 07-08, then you would for sure not say he was pathetic.

Adam Morrison looked pretty good in the summer league. Neither of them play a lick of defense and both of their roles are of shooters. Morrison is a better penetrator then Sasha and Morrison knows he really needs to step it up if he wants a place in the league. Sasha has a $5 million a year contract. He doesn't have the pressure Morrison has. I'm willing to bet that Morrison will be one of the better sixth men next year.

i know he sucked in 08 09... but you said he's always been pathetic. he definitely hasnt. first of all, in 07 08 he actually CLOSED games as the 2, with kobe as the 3. 2ndly, he had in incredible bench season and a lot of people were praising him. if we had this discussion after 07-08, then you would for sure not say he was pathetic.

Okay, I was wrong. He's had one good year. Sasha has shot 40% exactly ONE year out of 5. Care to take a wild guess on which year that was? Yeah, his contract year. And of course I would still be praising him if he continued to shoot like he did in 07-08. Hell, I'd be comparing him to Robert Horry. But the truth is, Sasha is a bad player. He is not going through a slump. This is who he is.

Okay, I was wrong. He's had one good year. Sasha has shot 40% exactly ONE year out of 5. Care to take a wild guess on which year that was? Yeah, his contract year. And of course I would still be praising him if he continued to shoot like he did in 07-08. Hell, I'd be comparing him to Robert Horry. But the truth is, Sasha is a bad player. He is not going through a slump. This is who he is.

that, i can agree on.

• 3 weeks later...

Machine has the hoop iq of a drunk hamster. May Machine rust on bench like Tin Man.

Reflexive swipe at the ball reach fouls 30 feet from the hoop.

Wide open teammates ahead of him in transition ignored cause it's Machine's turn to score.

Clogged lane, time for yet another bounce pass. Oops stolen or deflected, who'd have expected that?

His shooting will likely improve but it's his idiotic judgment that needs a major overhaul.

One of my favorite Jackson quotes from a game a few years ago. "If there were 12 guns on the bench there would have been 12 holes in Sasha."

- No, I don't hate Sasha.

- It's unlikely that he will have a break-out year because of the players he has to compete with on the bench. Morison, Walton, Brown, and Farmar, all of whom won't be taking very many minutes from Bryant or Artest. With a PG (Farmar) and a shooter (Morison) who both have something to prove in their contract year, I don't see Sasha with the same motivation to compete for either of those two roles. Despite the circumstances, there's always a chance, but it's doubtful.