Starting SF?

Poe

It will be Beasley hopefully if not Dorrell who if healthy is going to be a stud for us this year.

I hope he will be healthy and getting good PT. When his mind is in the right place, he really is a good player. Better than Jones and Q-Rich, IMO. It would be a shame to see his talent and athleticism go to waste.

Edited by Poe

I just watched a vid of a summer press conference with Pat Riley (Link), and it sounds like the starting SF position is still up for grabs.

He expects Beasley to have a much larger role this year, although he didn't say whether or not he's going to start. He said some good things about James Jones, and also said stuff about him "setting records" this offseason. He spoke a bit about Q-Rich, but it looks like the SF will be his secondary position since Riley said that he considers him to be more of an off guard that can also play the 3 because of his strength. He said good things about his post-up ability, though, and says that he could be the team's best post up player (better than O'Neal and Beasley). He also spoke a bit about Dorell's versatility in being able to play the 2, 3, and 4 positions.

My take on this is that James Jones will be most likely to start at the SF with Beasley gaining big minutes off the bench at the 3 and 4, and perhaps starting some games depending on match ups.

I was hoping that Dorell would get a bigger opportunity to get minutes this year. I think the Heat could really use his all-around game, especially on the defensive end. Maybe he still has a chance, though, since the starting 3 isn't on lock just yet, so everyone still has a chance to compete for the position.

Edited by Poe