Could Tracy be back sooner than we thought?

Dash

There was not much to report from the workouts or the pickup game that followed. It was not as if Tracy McGrady walked in and played in a five-on-five, pick up game as if he never had that microfracture surgery back in February.

That happened the day before in Chicago, rather than in Toyota Center, and on a day that Daryl Morey was in town to check on his progress.

Morey seemed determined to be cautious about expecting too much, too soon, but when pressed about how he thought McGrady looked, he said, "More or less, I would have to say, very good.

"He's way, way ahead of schedule," Morey said. "He's already playing. I don't think anyone could have predicted he would be playing now. He still has a long way to go. There is a lot of rust to shake off."

OK sure, but rust is not damage. While the Rockets have spent the summer forced to dramatically reduce expectations while refusing to assume anything about what McGrady might be able to contribute, it has been impossible to not at least consider the potential impact of the NBA's top-paid player. If he is ready to even just try a few full-court five-on-fives, he would seem on pace from training camp in a month.

"It would seem that way," Morey said. "That's not where the doctors are. It's a slow process. I don't expect to see him ready for Day 1 of training camp."

Link

Props to Tracy for working his [expletive] off this summer.

Who cares, this has happened every year, he'll get injured again.

Steve Francis revisited

Who cares? You were sucking his dick for the longest time and you became a fan of the Rockets because of T-Mac and you arent from Houston, now you are like, omgz screw t-macz, i hat3 him.

Who cares? You were sucking his dick for the longest time and you became a fan of the Rockets because of T-Mac and you arent from Houston, now you are like, omgz screw t-macz, i hat3 him.

No that's more like you. I'm not from Houston, Ok. And.....? His Greatness is and he's not even a Rockets fan. Sorry, but unlike you I actually know how good T-Mac is and he sucks.

T-Mac for MVP!!! :lol:

Who cares, this has happened every year, he'll get injured again.

Steve Francis revisited

No that's more like you. I'm not from Houston, Ok. And.....? His Greatness is and he's not even a Rockets fan. Sorry, but unlike you I actually know how good T-Mac is and he sucks.

T-Mac for MVP!!! :lol:

Damn, you're retarded.

Damn, you're retarded.

Nope, You can just say I have been disappointed for a long [expletive] time with him. This guy is nothing more than an underachiever if you are a Rockets fan, you would know. I don't know if you are or not, or whether you are some Tracy fan, but he is just a loser plain and simple.

I'd honestly say Tracy McGrady is just a modern day version of Pistol Pete, somebody who can't win but puts up flashy numbers and puts himself on Sportscenter frequently.

T-Mac is a great player. However he doesn't get to show that as he's been plagued with injuries. To bash a player like that really isn't called for. When healthy he's easily a top 10 player in the league.

:lol: And by healthy you mean his prime? Sorry, but his best days are way behind him, healthy or not healthy.

:lol: And by healthy you mean his prime? Sorry, but his best days are way behind him, healthy or not healthy.

How do you know how well he would play if he was healthy? He was no where near 100% last season.

His heart hasn't either since 2003.

He didn't play with the most heart in the season but he practically carried us in every single playoff appearance we had with him.

He's worked as hard as he could this summer, even Morey feels good about Tracy's progress.

He didn't play with the most heart in the season but he practically carried us in every single playoff appearance we had with him.

He's worked as hard as he could this summer, even Morey feels good about Tracy's progress.

I'm sure Morey also felt good about Francis' progress...McGrady carried to every single playoff appearance? Yeah too bad he failed miserably in the end and he ended up crying, I've had it with this loser, I'm done with his stupid constant antics and his stupid bull[expletive] of him talking out of his [expletive]. There's nothing weird about why the Rockets managed to get to the 2nd round without him.

Nope, You can just say I have been disappointed for a long [expletive] time with him. This guy is nothing more than an underachiever if you are a Rockets fan, you would know. I don't know if you are or not, or whether you are some Tracy fan, but he is just a loser plain and simple.

I'd honestly say Tracy McGrady is just a modern day version of Pistol Pete, somebody who can't win but puts up flashy numbers and puts himself on Sportscenter frequently.

Yes, I'm disappointed in him. But at the end of the day I know he wants to win. I don't know if you're a Rockets fan or not, but he was clearly playing hurt all season. Don't know if you caught a Rockets basketball last season but this is the guy who put Houston his back and led them to the playoffs and gave every thing he's got.

I'm sure Morey also felt good about Francis' progress...McGrady carried to every single playoff appearance? Yeah too bad he failed miserably in the end and he ended up crying, I've had it with this loser, I'm done with his stupid constant antics and his stupid bull[expletive] of him talking out of his [expletive]. There's nothing weird about why the Rockets managed to get to the 2nd round without him.

The guy poured his heart on the damn court just to keep us in the games, I don't see how you can laugh at the guy. He didn't fail, the team failed.

Take out Ron Ron and plug in a 07-08 T-Mac and you would get the same result, if not better.

The guy poured his heart on the damn court just to keep us in the games, I don't see how you can laugh at the guy. He didn't fail, the team failed.

Take out Ron Ron and plug in a 07-08 T-Mac and you would get the same result, if not better.

Yeah, I doubt it. Ron and T-Mac would not co-exist. Especially since during the season, Artest called out T-mac for being a lazy [expletive] defender which he clearly is by the way. She-Mac is an utter failure.

Yes, I'm disappointed in him. But at the end of the day I know he wants to win. I don't know if you're a Rockets fan or not, but he was clearly playing hurt all season. Don't know if you caught a Rockets basketball last season but this is the guy who put Houston his back and led them to the playoffs and gave every thing he's got.

Sorry, but you have to earn to win. He has no killer instinct, easily the softest player in the game, actually 3rd softest behind Big Z and Chris Bosh.

Edited by ClutchCityOwns

T-Mac is a top 5 player in the NBA in the playoffs. He does everything he has to score, create, rebound, play defense, ect. He's done nothing wrong, it's a team effort.

T-Mac is a top 5 player in the NBA in the playoffs. He does everything he has to score, create, rebound, play defense, ect. He's done nothing wrong, it's a team effort.

:lol: Maybe Top 5 Softest players in the playoffs. Sorry, but T-Mac obviously tries a bit harder in the playoffs, but it still doesn't help his team win so it doesn't matter. But if you want to take a look at his lack of killer instinct go see the 2005 Playoffs Game 7 or 2003 Playoffs Game 7. He plays harder in the playoffs, but I want a player showing up each and every night.

Yeah, I doubt it. Ron and T-Mac would not co-exist. Especially since during the season, Artest called out T-mac for being a lazy [expletive] defender which he clearly is by the way. She-Mac is an utter failure.

Sorry, but you have to earn to win. He has no killer instinct, easily the softest player in the game, actually 3rd softest behind Big Z and Chris Bosh.

How is T-Mac soft?

Tell that to his teammates, ''you have to earn to win'' he played his [expletive] off, there wasn't much more you could ask for him to do at the SG spot.

No one is saying Tracy was a good defender but Ron wasn't THAT great either, he got lit up all the time.

No one is saying Tracy was a good defender but Ron wasn't THAT great either, he got lit up all the time.

Ron brings something that makes Kobe Bryant separate himself from each every other wing player in the 2000s decade. INTANGIBLES, TOUGHNESS, HEART, etc...... Ron has all of those 3 things, what does T-Mac have in those 3? Nothing, He has nothing in a Man's body, because he's a girl. Ron doesn't even need to impact the game by scoring or defending, he can impact the game just by his presence and intimidation, who the hell is intimidated by T-Mac?

:lol: Maybe Top 5 Softest players in the playoffs. Sorry, but T-Mac obviously tries a bit harder in the playoffs, but it still doesn't help his team win so it doesn't matter. But if you want to take a look at his lack of killer instinct go see the 2005 Playoffs Game 7 or 2003 Playoffs Game 7. He plays harder in the playoffs, but I want a player showing up each and every night.

Tracy is fifth all time in most ppg in the playoffs, how is that soft?

Ron brings something that makes Kobe Bryant separate himself from each every other wing player in the 2000s decade. INTANGIBLES, TOUGHNESS, HEART, etc...... Ron has all of those 3 things, what does T-Mac have in those 3? Nothing, He has nothing in a Man's body, because he's a girl. Ron doesn't even need to impact the game by scoring or defending, he can impact the game just by his presence and intimidation, who the hell is intimidated by T-Mac?

The best regular season record we ever had happened to be with Tracy and a bunch of role players. I would take a healthy T-Mac over Ron any day.