Ochocinco fined $5,000 for orange chin strap

Cobb

Source: ESPN.com

Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco was fined $5,000 for wearing an orange chin strap during a preseason game.

Ochocinco first wrote about the fine on his Twitter account Saturday, saying, "WTF I got a damn fine already, it's the damn preseason, this is some b-------!!!!"

Rule 5, Section 4, Article 3(a) specifies that all players must wear a "Helmet with chin strap (white only) fastened and face mask attached."

On his Twitter account, Ochocinco said he was suing the NFL for discrimination.

"Im sueing [sic] the NFL," he wrote at about 1:45 p.m. ET, "I am color blind so this fine is discriminating because I'm disabled in a way, this is a sad day for me:("

He also posted a photograph of the letter he received from the league.

It keeps getting funnier and funnier.

Haha this guy is so awesome. What the league fails to realize is that he makes them the money. This $5,000 is nothing to him and I doubt he really cares. He breaks some of the dumbest rules in the book and makes it into some great comedy. :lol:

the NFL should realize the opportunity and create the Ochocinco Foundation and just donate all the free money he gives them to a charity.

I wish I wouldn't have used all my + votes for the day as that post was definitely deserving. LOL :D