Ron visits one of my mods from TLN

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more you mention that, the dumber you look when it happens.

You honestly think that this will happen under the coaching of Phil Jackson (who owns 10 rings and getting twice the paycheck Ron is getting) and the leadership of Kobe Bryant (a tough leader who Ron has already explained why he doesn't want to get on the bad side of this guy). Even if he DOES start jacking shots, you can bet the ball will not be going to his hands, especially with a line up that is jacked with scoring options. Actually, the only time Ron will really need to get the ball is when he happens to be wide open from all of the extra attention the other players (Kobe, Pau, Odom, Bynum) will be getting, and in that situation, he can jack shots all day. Besides, at this point in Ron's career, I'm sure he values a ring much more than his own shot.

Kobe Bryant, the best player of the decade, backed up by Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum, and Ron Artest, plus some solid bench players that could have starting roles on some other teams, and also coached by the best coach of the last 2 decades. You're witnessing another Lakers dynasty, and there's nothing you can do about it. Deal with it.

You honestly think that this will happen under the coaching of Phil Jackson (who owns 10 rings and getting twice the paycheck Ron is getting) and the leadership of Kobe Bryant (a tough leader who Ron has already explained why he doesn't want to get on the bad side of this guy). Even if he DOES start jacking shots, you can bet the ball will not be going to his hands, especially with a line up that is jacked with scoring options. Actually, the only time Ron will really need to get the ball is when he happens to be wide open from all of the extra attention the other players (Kobe, Pau, Odom, Bynum) will be getting, and in that situation, he can jack shots all day. Besides, at this point in Ron's career, I'm sure he values a ring much more than his own shot.

Kobe Bryant, the best player of the decade, backed up by Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum, and Ron Artest, plus some solid bench players that could have starting roles on some other teams, and also coached by the best coach of the last 2 decades. You're witnessing another Lakers dynasty, and there's nothing you can do about it. Deal with it.

Exactly. :lol:

..................Yes I honestly think that.

And lmfao @ the last sentence, Ron is gonna kill their chances.

You do realize that last year when Artest joined the Rockets, they formed the best looking team on paper? Two of the top 10 players at the time, two lockdown defenders and a genius coach and gm...yeah sounded great. Rockets fans were thinking the similar things about Ron's role on the offense, experts talking about how this was Ron's last chance at a ring and to redeem himself. February comes by and he doesn't change a damn, he's chucking shots all over the place and still a headcase in the locker room, if anything changed it was that he got a step slower on defense. There was a reason why Morey wanted to ship him out so bad at the trade deadline.

Rockets and Kings fans have been saying it over and over during the offseason. Honestly, just how much of a red flag do we have to point out here? Still Lakers fans refuse to listen. I remember Kings fans rejoicing after Ron was traded here and them babbling about how he was a chucker and needed to go. Yeah right, Adelman/Tracy/Yao are going to keep him in check, he's not going to pull anything here...yeah I was that naive. Oh well, you'll realize it soon enough.

• Owner

Hes an offensive freelancer, he wont change anything even if hes playing for a guy who looks like colonel sanders and teammates with an adulterer who slept with a 19 year old in colorado.

Next time you mention it, you're gone for two weeks. I'm tired of telling you, almost like I need to sit you in the corner and take away your allowance for two weeks.

The Lakers fans don't care too much for your excessive baiting, and you're slowly making your grand exit from OTR. I will speed it up if that's your intention.

Back on topic.

You do realize that last year when Artest joined the Rockets, they formed the best looking team on paper? Two of the top 10 players at the time, two lockdown defenders and a genius coach and gm...yeah sounded great. Rockets fans were thinking the similar things about Ron's role on the offense, experts talking about how this was Ron's last chance at a ring and to redeem himself. February comes by and he doesn't change a damn, he's chucking shots all over the place and still a headcase in the locker room, if anything changed it was that he got a step slower on defense. There was a reason why Morey wanted to ship him out so bad at the trade deadline.

Rockets and Kings fans have been saying it over and over during the offseason. Honestly, just how much of a red flag do we have to point out here? Still Lakers fans refuse to listen. I remember Kings fans rejoicing after Ron was traded here and them babbling about how he was a chucker and needed to go. Yeah right, Adelman/Tracy/Yao are going to keep him in check, he's not going to pull anything here...yeah I was that naive. Oh well, you'll realize it soon enough.

From what I know, Adelman is not very good at controlling players with attitudes. If Artest wasn't a positive asset on the court, then he should have benched him. If Morey was upset with Adelman's decision, he's got a good enough reputation as a coach to get offers from other teams in the league, so he has nothing to lose. If Artest would have been upset by being benched, he would demand a trade, which is exactly what Morey seems to have wanted anyway.

Despite Artest's past, I'm still pretty confident that he'll fit in well with the Lakers. Neither Tracy nor Yao is nearly as hard-nosed as Kobe, and they don't gain nearly the same amount of respect from Ron. Neither does Adelman in comparison to Phil Jackson.

• 1 month later...