Brandon Marshall in Philly?

Guest VicNabb

Guest VicNabb

Nothing is said officially about this but what this guy writes makes sense.

As it stands, the Eagles may have one of the better receiving corps in the NFC. They don't have that standout guy just yet, even though it appears DeSean Jackson may become that guy, but as far as talent and depth goes, they're certainly at the very top. If they had an opportunity to improve the receiving corp, however, it would be irresponsible not to take every advantage of that opportunity. Teams, regardless how they feel about their current roster, are always looking for ways to improve. For the Eagles, Brandon Marshall would certainly provide an improvement.

"Denver could have a problem if Kyle Orton's finger injury keeps him out of the regular-season opener against Cincinnati. Those who know Chris Simms, Denver's backup quarterback, do not believe he will be ready to play the Broncos opener and think his high ankle sprain will sideline him closer to a month. At least." This is an area in which the Eagles can help.

Realistically, A.J. Feeley has been on the trading block since the day Vick was signed. McNabb is firmly entrenched as the starter, Kevin Kolb was a second round pick and isn't going anywhere, and Michael Vick has no trade value. If the Broncos wanted him, they could have signed him.

All three receivers may be a bit steep, but considering that either Baskett or Brown will be gone sometime this week anyway, and the fact that Marshall would be stepping in, it looks a whole lot better from the Eagles' perspective. If the trade were to go down, their receiving corps would look something like this:

1. Brandon Marshall

2. DeSean Jackson

3. Jason Avant

4. Jeremy Maclin

5. Brandon Gibson

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/245768-could-brandon-marshall-become-an-eagle-new-circumstances-may-allow-it?ref=other-stories-list

1- andy reid isnt gonna give up anything for a wide reciever

2- andy reid is gonna give up even less then that for a d-bag wide reciever

sure it would be amazing if it happened, but it isnt going to. if the eagles wanted a receiver they would have gotten boldin a while back

andy reid signed Michael vick, im sure he would trade for marshal.

Guest VicNabb

He is actually right guys.

Since the Eagles jumped out the box from nowhere and signed Vick I think anything is possible with this front office.

That includes trading for locker room havoc Baby TO in Marshall.

andy reid signed Michael vick, im sure he would trade for marshal.

no, not at all. the two things are complete opposite. vick was signed for 1.2 million for 1 year. that is an incredibly low risk for a potentially high reward. for marshall, reid would have to give up a lot in current talent and draft picks. im pretty sure marshall also needs a new monster contract. sure marshall is no doubt one of the best in the league, but he is easily way more of a d-bag then vick. andy reid also does not hand out money to wide receivers. that is why they didnt trade for boldin and is the same reason why they are not going to trade for marshall

and there is more that i could sa about vick, but that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread

Since the Eagles jumped out the box from nowhere and signed Vick I think anything is possible with this front office.

He is right, it was just his intention.

Exactly, they jumped out of the box. There are rumors, rumors = no box now. If they were interested they'd insta-deal.

Moving to quell rumors, Denver coach Josh McDaniels saidWednesday the team had not held any talks involving a trade of suspended Broncoswide receiver Brandon Marshall

“We’re looking forward to having Brandon back on Sept. 6 and starting ourpreparations for Cincinnati with him,” McDaniels said. “There’s no discussionswhatsoever taking place between the Denver Broncos and any team in the NFLregarding Brandon Marshall.”

Edited by fly3rs18

• Owner

Denver will stick to their guns, holding Marshall until his attitude is adjusted. They already ran into and broke their faces on a brick wall with Cutler. They won't go that same process with Marshall.

I don't remember exactly who, but I believe it was Shannon Sharpe (aka Mr. Ed Mouth) that had a slight attitude problem when he was younger. I read it somewhere in a blog about two years ago, when the TO fiasco was hitting the news harder than Favre.

Denver knows that Brandon is talented. They should've worked much harder to keep Cutler, and I believe they know this now. I expect them to do things differently here.