Who would you rather have?

kingfish

???  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All things considered. Right now, with their current contracts and both players healthy, who would you rather have on your team. Lets see how smart some people are.

What reason is there to post this, other than to see other members of this board ride an Angels players dick, or to call anyone who disagrees an idiot?

Anyway, if money is no issue and they are both healthy, I take Teixeira. Considering their current salaries, obviously if I were a smaller market I would rather have Morales. Ask this again in five years when Morales is making 8 figures and playing for the Yankees or Red Sox.

What reason is there to post this, other than to see other members of this board ride an Angels players dick, or to call anyone who disagrees an idiot?

Anyway, if money is no issue and they are both healthy, I take Teixeira. Considering their current salaries, obviously if I were a smaller market I would rather have Morales. Ask this again in five years when Morales is making 8 figures and playing for the Yankees or Red Sox.

The baseball forum is not bursting with activity, one thread that you dont like isnt going to kill anyone. Im not trying to get anyone on anyones dick, theres hardly any Angels discussion around here and nobody ever gives them any credit so excuse me for bringing some attention to the west coast.

And are you implying the Angels are a small market team? If so, that is not the case. And we can definitely retain any player we want, Teixeira walked because we had someone younger, better, and cheaper as his replacement at first base. Keep in mind, Teixeira puts up worse stats in the launching pad that is Yankee Stadium. Even if contracts were not an issue, Morales is still probably the better choice. Especially because his defense at first has improved tremendously and he now has a respectable glove.

The baseball forum is not bursting with activity, one thread that you dont like isnt going to kill anyone. Im not trying to get anyone on anyones dick, theres hardly any Angels discussion around here and nobody ever gives them any credit so excuse me for bringing some attention to the west coast.

And are you implying the Angels are a small market team? If so, that is not the case. And we can definitely retain any player we want, Teixeira walked because we had someone younger, better, and cheaper as his replacement at first base. Keep in mind, Teixeira puts up worse stats in the launching pad that is Yankee Stadium. Even if contracts were not an issue, Morales is still probably the better choice. Especially because his defense at first has improved tremendously and he now has a respectable glove.

Where did I say that the Angels are a small market team? I said that if money were no issue, I would still take Teixeira, despite how awesome Morales has been as of late. However, since you posed the question "considering their contracts and everything else which guy would you rather have", I said that if I were a small market team and could not just throw away money left and right, clearly I'd take Morales who is the cheaper option for now.

Anyway, you then you went on to say "lets see who is smart", which kind of implies that you'd call anybody who'd prefer Teixeira dumb.

Where did I say that the Angels are a small market team? I said that if money were no issue, I would still take Teixeira, despite how awesome Morales has been as of late. However, since you posed the question "considering their contracts and everything else which guy would you rather have", I said that if I were a small market team and could not just throw away money left and right, clearly I'd take Morales who is the cheaper option for now.

Anyway, you then you went on to say "lets see who is smart", which kind of implies that you'd call anybody who'd prefer Teixeira dumb.

If you did take Teixeira under the options that I posted, then yes that would be a dumb decision although I didnt say anyone was dumb. Just thought id see if anyone has ever heard of Kendry Morales, and to be honest nobody probably has until they looked him up on google after they opened this thread.

Well when you consider money Morales is the obvious choice. He would be the obvious choice for almost anybody besides the Yankees.

Also, I have actually had him in a fantasy GM mogul league for a couple years now. Even though that is all fictional, just thought you'd like to know that I am currently in the 2023 season and Kendry Morales is headed to the hall of fame haha.

Edited by Phightins09