Problems With McNabb & Michael Vick Surfacing In Philly Already?

MainEv3nt

There's no problem between McNabb and Vick, but I do understand where McNabb is coming from. Subbing him out at random times and inserting Vick ruins his rhythm. Hopefully Andy will figure something out, but I highly doubt we will see Vick subbing out McNabb as much as we did against the Jags.

Edited by Yung Luv

• Owner

I think the point is that if you're a non-Eagles fan, and you don't agree that they are going to win the SuperBowl every season (like you guys think), then you're setting yourself up for personal attacks if you try and debate the topics that refer to the Eagles.

Again, I've been watching it go down since we created the football forums for OTR two years ago (used to be one forum for all other sports).

I don't care if it's getting too passionate about your team or whatever the excuse, it needs to drop a level or two. You guys were throwing fits about how 3-4 Lakers fans were personally attacking everyone, at every turn, and that stopped. It's definitely no coincidence that this happens "just because it's the Eagles" because, the truth is, the normal football fan really has no reason to hate the Eagles, since that type of hate relates to winning or rivalries only.

Well in that case it goes

- Brady

- Romo

- Rivers

- Manning

- McNabb

Other than IND and NE Philly has the highest winning percentage of any team during the last decade(McNabb's tenure). Romo has played like a season and a half's worth of games as a starter and has choked all of the ones that mattered so you can take him off the list. Rivers is good, but once again relatively fresh.

I don't care if it's getting too passionate about your team or whatever the excuse, it needs to drop a level or two. You guys were throwing fits about how 3-4 Lakers fans were personally attacking everyone, at every turn, and that stopped. It's definitely no coincidence that this happens "just because it's the Eagles" because, the truth is, the normal football fan really has no reason to hate the Eagles, since that type of hate relates to winning or rivalries only.

Well I guess since it relates to winning it doesn't matter with the Lakers either. Prior to June(which was when the Laker fans were starting their [expletive]) they havn't won anything either in OTR's existence. And the Eagles have the highest winning percentage in the NFC for the last decade. Just because the ball didn't bounce their way in one or two games which ended their season early(because in the NFL anything can happen in the playoffs since it's one game). If the Eagles arn't winners then the Lakers arn't either since they were starting [expletive] prior to the championship.

I think the point is that if you're a non-Eagles fan, and you don't agree that they are going to win the SuperBowl every season (like you guys think), then you're setting yourself up for personal attacks if you try and debate the topics that refer to the Eagles.

Again, I've been watching it go down since we created the football forums for OTR two years ago (used to be one forum for all other sports).

so you are generalizing for every eagles fan now? the reason there are arguments are because some non eagles fans (im not gonna give names, it should be very obvious), start it. there are more eagles fans on here then any other teams, so if there is an argument about football then chances are that it will involve at least 1 eagles fan. you cant just take that out on all of us or on one random person such as phightins. i have known him for years and he is probably the last person that would go around trying to start fights with people. obviously he will mock you with the mommy thing, but, no offense, i really do think you took his post wrong and over reacted.

being passionate and defending your team is different then attacking people. we dont just go around attacking everything that anyone says. i dont know where you got that from, and id love to see some examples if you really think thats true.

its everyone, not eagles fans, and especially not phightins. if you are gonna punish people for it then punish everyone, dont just take your anger out on the eagles fans

and ignore the grammer mistakes, im not an english major for a very obvious reason :D

• Owner

I've jumped ECN's ass about it before. Smitty has gone in and went off on non-Eagles fans for baiting, and I let him because he was right in doing so.

But I can give you at least three of you guys (don't need to name anyone) that feed on baiting. I just saw another basketball-related post earlier that was baiting...and it was from a Philly fan. Phightins was warned the other day for it, and he's been warned two times since the board was re-created (not counting what happened today).

Some of you have this smart ass attitude, as if you know what's best for the forums, and that you have this answer that I'm being biased. That's not going to fly. If you truly want me to be biased, all of you will be banned, and you'll feel what it's really like to be "hated on" by me.

The "I'm not intimidated by you" attitude, and the "he started it" immature act...it's not what this site welcomes. I want intelligent posters, mature discussion, not mud-slinging, severe baiting and personal attacks over a sports team or player.

If you guys don't like that, you're welcome to go elsewhere. OTR is one of two or three basketball-only message boards out there that are worth visiting...so good luck fitting in on other sites and enjoying their A+ discussions.

This goes for Eagles fans, non-Eagles fans, you, him, her, staff and whoever else that reads it. It's getting old pretty quickly, very similar to when both Aaron and I lost the desire to even do anything for this site anymore. Since you guys are capable of running the show, maybe you should invest in an IPB and a host, and do it yourself, see how long it takes before you end up like RBS and the countless other basketball sites that hit rock bottom with their "free to say and act how you want" mentality.