Problems With McNabb & Michael Vick Surfacing In Philly Already?

MainEv3nt

i hate the media. mcnabb wanted vick off the field because the first team offense was doing terrible and needed practice to get better together. its hard to explain, but if you watched the game then you would have realized why mcnabb did what he did. he did the right thing. he had nothing against vick, and he just did what a team leader is supposed to do. but some people and the media just have nothing better to do then take nothing and turn it into something. and its almost worse when people dont watch the game but just watch that small clip of it and then think that mcnabb hates vick

• Owner

i hate the media. mcnabb wanted vick off the field because the first team offense was doing terrible and needed practice to get better together. its hard to explain, but if you watched the game then you would have realized why mcnabb did what he did. he did the right thing. he had nothing against vick, and he just did what a team leader is supposed to do. but some people and the media just have nothing better to do then take nothing and turn it into something. and its almost worse when people dont watch the game but just watch that small clip of it and then think that mcnabb hates vick

Ah, so that's why he called Vick's offense a gimmick after the game was over...

Yeah, gotta love the stupid media and stupid fans who make a big deal out of everything.

The third preseason game is the one where the first teamers play most of the game. It is the one treated most like a regular season game. It is where the offense in particular finds some sort of rhythm (sorry for stealing Marty Mornhinweg's word lol) if they hadn't already. Putting Vick in on every 2nd down (something that everybody has said will not be a regular occurrence in the regular season) certainly disrupted any flow they had going. And am I wrong? Do any Eagles fans feel confident with this offense, based on how they looked on Thursday? I know I sure don't. I certainly hope that at some point in the next two weeks they figure something out in practice, because as of now I am not feeling so confident going into the regular season.

So yeah, for the people too simple minded to actually look beyond the title of that video and see the issue here, Donovan's issue is not Vick. His issue is how Reid and Mornhinweg were using Vick on Thursday, and the fact that it disrupted everything.

Actually in this situation the third preseason game was the perfect time to use Vick. In the end the Eagles don't care about a preseason game they know what they are capable of. This was the perfect time to see how Vick would work into this offense. McNabb is just a control freak.

• Owner

Yeah, gotta love the stupid media and stupid fans who make a big deal out of everything.

So yeah, for the people too simple minded to actually look beyond the title of that video and see the issue here, Donovan's issue is not Vick. His issue is how Reid and Mornhinweg were using Vick on Thursday, and the fact that it disrupted everything.

You can (scratch that, you will) stop attacking members that disagree with your assessment in a topic. I'm getting pretty damn sick of your attitude lately. Just because people don't like your team doesn't give you the green light to go off on them after getting your panties all in a bunch.

If you want simple-minded, here it is: the next time I warn you, you're gone for good, along with a permanent IP address ban. Simple? Your account is open in the ACP at this very second, ban already selected, one button away. I suggest you read over the guidelines again and start discussing sports like a young adult, rather than someone who I have to clean up after all the time.

You can (scratch that, you will) stop attacking members that disagree with your assessment in a topic. I'm getting pretty damn sick of your attitude lately. Just because people don't like your team doesn't give you the green light to go off on them after getting your panties all in a bunch.

If you want simple-minded, here it is: the next time I warn you, you're gone for good, along with a permanent IP address ban. Simple? Your account is open in the ACP at this very second, ban already selected, one button away. I suggest you read over the guidelines again and start discussing sports like a young adult, rather than someone who I have to clean up after all the time.

Are you joking? Did I attack any members? Please show me where I did. I was pointing out that in general the media and fans (primarily Eagles fans actually) are too simple minded to see the real issue here. Is this really a problem?

• Owner

Are you joking? Did I attack any members? Please show me where I did. I was pointing out that in general the media and fans (primarily Eagles fans actually) are too simple minded to see the real issue here. Is this really a problem?

It was meant for those replying negatively in this topic, and it would've been applied to those others who would've done the same thing, namely ECN and a few other non-Eagles fans, because that's how it always ends up.

So it stops now.

You are overreacting big time. If I worded that wrong, I apologize. I am just stuck here with nothing to do but watch local sports talk shows, and ALL everybody is talking about is Vick and IMO they are all clueless. All I was trying to say....completely harmless. Jesus.

• Owner

You are overreacting big time. If I worded that wrong, I apologize. I am just stuck here with nothing to do but watch local sports talk shows, and ALL everybody is talking about is Vick and IMO they are all clueless. All I was trying to say....completely harmless. Jesus.

You do it multiple times. I've been running the site the entire time you've been registered, including the old board. I've gotten complaints from mods and members. It's time things change with you, ECN, and a few other Eagles fans that like to sling mud when something goes wrong with a Philly team.

Now, I've gotten absolutely no sleep because I'm creating 100 banners. I hope you're done and you understand, or else you're delaying our team forum skins and banner design, and I know everyone around here would like to see that finished up sometime soon.

Mods, hand out five days for any more problems.

Back to topic.

lol He really should have never posted that.

I do also think the media is just making things bigger than it seems. But at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if there's a little friction there at least.

I do also think the media is just making things bigger than it seems. But at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if there's a little friction there at least.

Well there has to be friction McNabb can't be happy that he wont have 100% control over the Eagles offense like he has since he was drafted.

• Owner

I actually agree, the media is blowing it out of proportion. I do sense that there's something there, though, and that's a problem too early in the season.

If there wasn't, I don't see the reason why Donovan called out Vick's offensive game after the resolution was said to be resolved.

It's just so easy to debate a topic back and forth on here, huh? :)

Ha, McNabb just called Vick's offensive production a "gimmick" for the Eagles.

Donovan just wants the team to himself, so he can lose some more.

You really think Kobe has never had problems with coaching schemes/decisions? It's a part of sports. People are going to be mad when things arn't going the way they want them to and the clip in that video wasn't bad at all. The source is "worldstarhiphop" loool and if it was Kevin Kolb or Aj Feely instead of Mike Vick noone would say anything.

Yeah Donovan just loves losing. I guess that's why he is the third winningest active QB in the league behind hall of famers Peyton Manning and Tom Brady lool. Stick to basketball

With all the offensive line injuries and how their trying so hard to get Vick involved the normal offense hasn't had as much time to get their stuff together. Vick will not make that much of an impact during a game and will probably only see about 10 or so plays max. This Eagles offense is going to be relatively similar to how it was in years past(hopefully with more of a running game though, need to take advantage of that huge line),

• Owner

You really think Kobe has never had problems with coaching schemes/decisions? It's a part of sports. People are going to be mad when things arn't going the way they want them to and the clip in that video wasn't bad at all. The source is "worldstarhiphop" loool and if it was Kevin Kolb or Aj Feely instead of Mike Vick noone would say anything.

Yeah Donovan just loves losing. I guess that's why he is the third winningest active QB in the league behind hall of famers Peyton Manning and Tom Brady lool. Stick to basketball

With all the offensive line injuries and how their trying so hard to get Vick involved the normal offense hasn't had as much time to get their stuff together. Vick will not make that much of an impact during a game and will probably only see about 10 or so plays max. This Eagles offense is going to be relatively similar to how it was in years past(hopefully with more of a running game though, need to take advantage of that huge line),

The source was ESPN, actually. Watch the video.

The source was ESPN, actually. Watch the video.

ESPN isn't reporting it as a McNabb-Vick feud though. Just that Vick is still finding his way within the offense. ESPN does love to blow things out of proportion too.

Edited by Diesel

Funny here I thought Favre was all time leader in wins...

Guest VicNabb

haha typical media blowing things out of proportion and the gullible fans for falling into it. Especially because it has to do with the Eagles.

Vick and the whole Wild Cat offense is a GIMMICK. It's not a bad thing. It's an element to the game that is ab-normal that isn't seen too often.

Right now McNabb has pretty much accomplished all he can in his career other than a SB. Adding Vick is another weapon which just might get him that.

However it is McNabb's team and he will be the major piece. The whole sideline thing was him gesturing to the Morningway that Vick needs to sit when he is just getting his rhythm.

The happened right after McNabb took them to the redzone and Vick made a bad judgment. He said they need to work on the timing of when to put Vick in. That's all.

Phightins can get caught up in defending Philly a lot but I don't think he meant to make it look like he was attacking other members. He even stated what he was referencing too. He is the type of person that if he really meant it for the members he isn't going to be scared and not back his comments just to avoid suspension.