The "Admit I Like Offseason" Thread

Mentch

I hate the off season, sorry to go off topic lol but this is like a dry drought, nothing to talk about just sit and look like a person who has lost their best friend.

But then again there is a like about because of Football season and football games coming on lol

If there are no games and no trades/signings being made, I hate it. My "care meter" for the NFL is about a 2/10 compared to the NBA's 10/10.

You should discuss football with us a bit more man, you're pretty knowledgeable about it.

• Owner

You should discuss football with us a bit more man, you're pretty knowledgeable about it.

Haha, I may. I know a LOT about football, more than a lot of people think. I just don't spend too much time discussing it, mainly because my Raiders suck.

From when the NBA Finals finish to about the 2nd week of July is actuall one of my favourite times in all of sports. I love that time period because you have the NBA Draft and the NHL Draft within a couple of days from each other and then about a week later NHL free agency will start and then a week after that the NBA can begin officially signing free agents as well. Drafts and free agency are two of my most anticipated parts of the NBA and NHL seasons.

After about the 20th of July though it gets really dull for me because the majority of the time nothing interesting happens after that time period (especially in the NHL).

Basically I really like the offseason from the end of June to the middle/end of July, but after that I hate it.

• Owner

From when the NBA Finals finish to about the 2nd week of July is actuall one of my favourite times in all of sports. I love that time period because you have the NBA Draft and the NHL Draft within a couple of days from each other and then about a week later NHL free agency will start and then a week after that the NBA can begin officially signing free agents as well. Drafts and free agency are two of my most anticipated parts of the NBA and NHL seasons.

After about the 20th of July though it gets really dull for me because the majority of the time nothing interesting happens after that time period (especially in the NHL).

Basically I really like the offseason from the end of June to the middle/end of July, but after that I hate it.

Buuuuut you still have the UFC, year-round. :o

Dude NBA Off Season was good this year early on when all the big pieces were going left and right. But ever since all the big names went by so fast it has made the NBA off season a bit dry. But you can't say this NBA off season was a total waste due to big players being traded to signing to contending teams in both conferences.

Haha, I may. I know a LOT about football, more than a lot of people think. I just don't spend too much time discussing it, mainly because my Raiders suck.

The Raiders are gonna be somewhat good this year.

I have them at 9-7, if JaMarcus Russell stays healthy.

• Owner

i like the offseason because the horrors of a 19 win season are finally over.

Don't look forward to next season then. :o ;)

I feel you on that, though. When the Lakers won 34 games back in 2005, I was pumped up for the offseason.

• Owner

Yeah, that's a 10-day suspension. Every post you make has nothing to do with the topics at hand anymore, and the last few have been baiting Lakers fans about Kobe. So it's either excessive baiting, or post-padding.

Both are against the rules. That's also your third warning in the warning system, so it's a suspension...and because it's your third or fourth suspension, you should actually be banned.

When you come back, I hope for your sake you'll fix it. The next time, I won't have the good in me to keep you here, and I honestly promise you that.