Draft Combine: Share Your Stats!

Poe

I made a couple players in two separate saved files, one in my hard drive and the other in my memory card.

Position: SF

Height: 6’9’’

Play Style: Defensive

Overall Rating: 47

Avg. Grade: A+

Draft Proj: Lakers

Stats: 13.0 PPG (58% FG, 0% 3PT), 7.0 RPG, 5.3 APG, 4.0 SPG, 1.0 BPG, 1.8 TO

Position: PG

Height: 6’3’’

Play Style: Pass First

Overall Rating: 50

Avg. Grade: A+

Draft Proj: Lakers

Stats: 17.2 PPG (47% FG, 50% 3PT), 7.5 RPG, 12.2 APG, 2.2 SPG, 0.3 BPG, 2.8 TO

Somehow both of them went back and forth between draft projections from the Lakers and the Heat, and both winded up on the Lakers after playing my last game.

Is there anyway to stop playing so you ended up being drafted by the Lakers? Like once your projected to be drafted by a certain team, can you just stop improving so your draft stock doesnt improve.

I'm not really sure how the draft stock works, sorry. If you're worried that by playing another game your draft stock will change and autosave, maybe you could try and just upload your player to the server as it is. I don't know if there is a rule that you have to do all 6 games or not.

A trick you could probably try, I don't know if this works, but maybe you could check to see if your draft stock changes after your next game, and if it does, just restart your xbox without saving it. After games it asks you what saving device you want to save in, I think there might be a cancel option and it shouldn't autosave. That way you can check to see if the draft stock changed without it being permanent. If it did, restart your console and redo. If it didn't, just save your player manually, and continue to your next game. It might be a bit of a hassle if your draft stock keeps changing, though, but it could be worth a try.

So now when you get NBA 2k10, they're going to be placed on the Lakers on the "SuperStar" mode? I'm sorry, I don't quite get how it all works. :P

You're placed in training camp and you play a number of games to try and make the cut. If you do, from what I read, you'll start out with about 3 mins per game and you try and work your way up from there depending on how well you play.

I made a couple players in two separate saved files, one in my hard drive and the other in my memory card.

Position: PG

Height: 5’11’’

Play Style: All Around

Overall Rating: 46

Avg. Grade: A-

Draft Proj: Bobcats

Stats: 10.8 PPG (45% FG, 67% 3PT), 4.8 RPG, 7.5 APG, 1.0 SPG, .5 BPG, 3.5 TO

After it was all said and done. I was getting 10 APG but all of a sudden dude couldnt miss from 3, was 0-2 before my last 2 games, and finished 7-9 from 3(overall 7-11). :) Kinda gay how my dude missed so many shots from close range tho <_<

Edit: i just updated ur post with my stats :)

Edited by Celtics3420

After it was all said and done. I was getting 10 APG but all of a sudden dude couldnt miss from 3, was 0-2 before my last 2 games, and finished 7-9 from 3(overall 7-11). :) Kinda gay how my dude missed so many shots from close range tho <_<

Edit: i just updated ur post with my stats :)

Nice about the 3 shooting. I didn't put a whole lot into my own player's shooting ability, and it shows when my man is guarding me... it's so awkward how he sags so much, when in real life it's the opposite.

Nice about the 3 shooting. I didn't put a whole lot into my own player's shooting ability, and it shows when my man is guarding me... it's so awkward how he sags so much, when in real life it's the opposite.

yea, just wondering tho. Since you have 2 players, which one are u gonna be using for when the game comes out? Personally, i think using ur real height/weight etc is better as it'd be like seeing yourself in the NBA. I was good irl, but nowhere near good enough for competitive play at a D1 college let alone the NBA, so it's kinda cool to finally have a game come out like this one.

yea, just wondering tho. Since you have 2 players, which one are u gonna be using for when the game comes out? Personally, i think using ur real height/weight etc is better as it'd be like seeing yourself in the NBA. I was good irl, but nowhere near good enough for competitive play at a D1 college let alone the NBA, so it's kinda cool to finally have a game come out like this one.

I'll use both. Just switch off between the two. I'll probably use my PG more since I can relate to the height and position more (I'm 6'1'' and 17 years old in r/l, so I figured I'll be at least 6'3'' by 19... hopefully taller, haha). I'll make sure to jack up my shooting skill so defenders will stop guarding me like I'm Rajon Rondo xD

But, yea, this concept is awesome for any age and whatever real life success. I think I remember doing this sort of thing with the Madden games and I always wished an NBA game would do this. I think a PS2-only NBA game tried this, and it was a load of garbage. I'm glad 2K turned this into a fun, more realistic feeling experience. I can't wait to play alongside Kobe, Artest, Pau, Bynum.... I wonder if they've incorporated the triangle offense?