If Bosh leaves...

Real Deal

Bosh and free agency  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lottery baby! :lol:

Seriously though, if Bosh leaves just blow the damn team up as best as you can and slowly build the team up the right way (through the draft, developing young talent, etc...). Colangelo has done a good job of rebuilding/retooling on the fly since he came to Toronto and as a result the Raptors have been, for the most part, an above average to good team, but if Bosh leaves I think it would finally be time to do a complete rebuild of the team.

I don't think that they would be terrible (as in a 15-20 win team) but they would definitely not be making the playoffs any time soon and they would be missing that one piece to build around (unless DeRozan reaches his full potential). Players like Calderon and Bargnani are nice/decent complimentary pieces but that is the extent of their abilities. They would need to find a franchise player in the draft and then surround him talent.

If Bosh leaves I see no reason why a rebuilding process shouldn't take place.

• Owner

if bosh leaves that would be an epic fail

the raps spent so much money this offseason to lure him back. i don't think they'll have any cap space if bosh walks. if they do, it's probably minimal anyways. they'd be screwed.

They would have the cap room to sign someone good. If Bosh left, their payroll would be around $44-45 million. The cap will be set at $58.6 million this upcoming season, and for now, I'll assume it'll be around that for the 2010-11 season.

So getting LeBron and Wade would require them to deal a contract for cap space, or a sign-and-trade (which they have nothing to deal with in the first place), but nothing is impossible. I'm not sure if Amare would take $14 million...but who really knows.