Minus the rings and MVP's

Real Deal

No rings, no MVPs...  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

I'm talking strictly overall game. Offensive skillset, defensive skills.

I don't see how anyone can pick Magic over Kobe.

Bryant is much more of a complete scorer, and it's not even close.

He's also the better defensive player, help or man-to-man, and it's not even close.

It's funny how many people will do and say anything to put Kobe under the bus, yet have no reasoning behind it, or no explanation for their choices.

Magic, He revolutionized the game. Kobe isn't even close.

That's not what the thread is asking....

I'll go with Kobe, his skill set on offense is the closest to Jordan, it's hard not to agree with that fact. Magic was an above average defender, but it's not comparable to what Kobe has done on that end of the floor. On offense, Kobe is the better scorer. Magic may utilize his intangibles and fundamentals more, but Kobe is much more dominant.

Magic plays PG, while Kobe could never play that position to save his life. It's the same reason why I have Magic above Bird, more versatile, more important position and he has just done more to the NBA than Kobe ever has...

Minus the Rings and MVPs? Sorry, but those are the things that determine greatness.

Who's the better team player? Magic or Jordan?

Magic > Jordan?

This is saying who's the better overall player, not who's more valuable btw

I will take quality aka Magic, over Quantity aka Kobe anyday.

I am sure Magic could have scored more points and been more impressive than Kobe if he wanted to, it could have been done easily. Keep in mind his career was cut short by Aids, I think he would have reached an even higher apex than he had when he left.

Its like saying AI is better than Kobe, because he can score more points.

Well while we are at it....Minus the rings and MVPs who's better Pippen or Nique?

LOL, I think its a flawed logic to approach the game this way. You have to realize most of these guys that got rings, had to sacrafice something else to get them. Pippen probably had to sacrafice his scoring because he was playing with alongside the greatest scorer of all time. Things like that you need to take into effect.

LOOK at AI, he is a great scorer but no rings, all hype no show..

I will take quality aka Magic, over Quantity aka Kobe anyday.

I am sure Magic could have scored more points and been more impressive than Kobe if he wanted to, it could have been done easily. Keep in mind his career was cut short by Aids, I think he would have reached an even higher apex than he had when he left.

Its like saying AI is better than Kobe, because he can score more points.

So you're saying Magic is as offensively talented as Kobe? I can admit without doubt that Magic's playmaking and courtvision is superior to Bryant's, but Bryant is still better offensively. Did Magic see double teams like Kobe? Does he have Kobe's range, his fadeaway, his footwork, his ability to attack the basket..?

And when factoring who is the better player...you also have to look on the other side of the court. Defense, in which Kobe is easily the better defender.

And how is Kobe quantity? lol...you do know he has 4 rings right?

So you're saying Magic is as offensively talented as Kobe? I can admit without doubt that Magic's playmaking and courtvision is superior to Bryant's, but Bryant is still better offensively. Did Magic see double teams like Kobe? Does he have Kobe's range, his fadeaway, his footwork, his ability to attack the basket..?

And when factoring who is the better player...you also have to look on the other side of the court. Defense, in which Kobe is easily the better defender.

And how is Kobe quantity? lol...you do know he has 4 rings right?

Quantity in Scoring not rings. Thats why I used the AI example.

Face it you know this, i know this. Kobe would get crushed from the type of Defenses Magic had to face in his days. I think Dennis Rodman could shut kobe down in his prime.

Magic is the better offensive player. He ran the fastbreak better than anyone ever has and ran the most deadly offense in league history. Kobe is a better ballhog, and scorer, but the Kobe fanboys need to realize that basketball is 5 on 5, not one on one and I'll take a Magic Johnson ran offense over a Kobe ran offense anyway.

Kobe's defense is vastly overrated too seeing as how he roams a lot of the time and takes plays off. He only plays lock down defense when he has to which is like 10% of the time. If he could be more consistant he would definetly live up to the hype. However that is not the case.

• Like 1

Magic is the better offensive player. He ran the fastbreak better than anyone ever has and ran the most deadly offense in league history. Kobe is a better ballhog, and scorer, but the Kobe fanboys need to realize that basketball is 5 on 5, not one on one and I'll take a Magic Johnson ran offense over a Kobe ran offense anyway.

Kobe's defense is vastly overrated too seeing as how he roams a lot of the time and takes plays off. He only plays lock down defense when he has to which is like 10% of the time. If he could be more consistant he would definetly live up to the hype. However that is not the case.

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

• Owner

I don't think I added eight other players in this poll.

Kobe doesn't play five on five? Ah, so that's why he facilitated a dynasty, something Magic didn't do?

So Magic gets the nod for playing all five positions in one game? :lol: Yeah, I'm sure Lamar Odom could do that, also, so he must be better than Kobe. Same with Garnett. Same with a younger Darius Miles.

Kobe was just the better scorer? He's also the better defender, and it's not even close. How anyone can disagree with that is beyond me. He's the better slasher and finisher at the rim, he's the better clutch player, better ball-handler, better footwork, better post player (best guard in the post since Jordan, don't bother disagreeing unless you need basketball lessons), more of a killer instinct.

Ballhog? Michael Jordan was a ballhog. I guess Magic is better than the true GOAT because Magic was a better team player and not a ballhog. :lol:

This is exactly what I love doing. I pick out hypocrites. If you're going to say something relating to Bryant's game, you might want to go ahead and stick your knives into Jordan's side as well, and declare Magic Johnson the best player in NBA history.

Congrats.

I don't think I added eight other players in this poll.

Kobe doesn't play five on five? Ah, so that's why he facilitated a dynasty, something Magic didn't do?

So Magic gets the nod for playing all five positions in one game? :lol: Yeah, I'm sure Lamar Odom could do that, also, so he must be better than Kobe. Same with Garnett. Same with a younger Darius Miles.

Kobe was just the better scorer? He's also the better defender, and it's not even close. How anyone can disagree with that is beyond me. He's the better slasher and finisher at the rim, he's the better clutch player, better ball-handler, better footwork, better post player (best guard in the post since Jordan, don't bother disagreeing unless you need basketball lessons), more of a killer instinct.

Ballhog? Michael Jordan was a ballhog. I guess Magic is better than the true GOAT because Magic was a better team player and not a ballhog. :lol:

This is exactly what I love doing. I pick out hypocrites. If you're going to say something relating to Bryant's game, you might want to go ahead and stick your knives into Jordan's side as well, and declare Magic Johnson the best player in NBA history.

Congrats.

Jordan is superior to Kobe offensively slightly with his superior finishing inside skills and court vision(Kobe has the long range shot), but his defense is the real difference. Kobe does not play lock down defense all the time. He'll do it on the rare occassion and his defense is the most overrated thing ever.

Jordan went all out on defense and makes Kobe look like Steve Nash on defense. That's where the line is drawn.

Gotta love the Kobe fans bringing Jordan into it once again. Kobe isn't Jordan and he never will be.

Edited by Diesel

• Owner

Jordan is superior to Kobe offensively slightly with his superior finishing inside skills and court vision(Kobe has the long range shot), but his defense is the real difference. Kobe does not play lock down defense all the time. He'll do it on the rare occassion and his defense is the most overrated thing ever.

Jordan went all out on defense and makes Kobe look like Steve Nash on defense. That's where the line is drawn.

Gotta love the Kobe fans bringing Jordan into it once again. Kobe isn't Jordan and he never will be.

I never said Kobe played better defense than Michael, I said he plays better defense than Magic, by far.

In fact, I never said Kobe was better than MJ.

What are you reading?