Minus the rings and MVP's

Real Deal

No rings, no MVPs...  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I never said Kobe played better defense than Michael, I said he plays better defense than Magic, by far.

In fact, I never said Kobe was better than MJ.

What are you reading?

You are implying that anyone who votes Magic in this poll also thinks Magic > MJ since MJ/Kobe have similar skillsets. I am pointing out the differences between MJ/Kobe and how much better MJ is.

I don't think I added eight other players in this poll.

Kobe doesn't play five on five? Ah, so that's why he facilitated a dynasty, something Magic didn't do?

So Magic gets the nod for playing all five positions in one game? :lol: Yeah, I'm sure Lamar Odom could do that, also, so he must be better than Kobe. Same with Garnett. Same with a younger Darius Miles.

Kobe was just the better scorer? He's also the better defender, and it's not even close. How anyone can disagree with that is beyond me. He's the better slasher and finisher at the rim, he's the better clutch player, better ball-handler, better footwork, better post player (best guard in the post since Jordan, don't bother disagreeing unless you need basketball lessons), more of a killer instinct.

Ballhog? Michael Jordan was a ballhog. I guess Magic is better than the true GOAT because Magic was a better team player and not a ballhog. :lol:

This is exactly what I love doing. I pick out hypocrites. If you're going to say something relating to Bryant's game, you might want to go ahead and stick your knives into Jordan's side as well, and declare Magic Johnson the best player in NBA history.

Congrats.

Its Amazing how stubborn you are at times.

• Owner

So is Kobe better than Jordan also Minus the Rings?

No, Jordan's defense was superior. Kobe is as good offensively, though.

And for whoever decides to come back in and talk about Bryant's "lack of defense" and that he plays it whenever he wants, again, you don't watch Lakers games, so you have no clue what he's asked to do on defense.

No, Jordan's defense was superior. Kobe is as good offensively, though.

And for whoever decides to come back in and talk about Bryant's "lack of defense" and that he plays it whenever he wants, again, you don't watch Lakers games, so you have no clue what he's asked to do on defense.

Then how can you compare Kobe and Magic, they didnt even play the same positions. Nor did they have the same roles on their teams. Thats like comparing a Center to a PG, and expecting the PG to have more rebounds.

• Owner

It's Kobe Bryant, and it isn't even close.

You have to love the Kobe Bryant haters that have the most flawed logic that I have ever seen. :lol:.

Yeah, they think that Magic won it all by himself when he was a rookie, when that was one single game...and Norm Nixon actually put up the same 17/8 that Magic did that same season, while Kareem was dropping his 25/11 and three blocks per game, as if he's not important at all.

• Owner

Then how can you compare Kobe and Magic, they didnt even play the same positions. Nor did they have the same roles on their teams. Thats like comparing a Center to a PG, and expecting the PG to have more rebounds.

Kobe was a point-forward in three championship seasons, Magic was the point guard. It's essentially the same exact position, both facilitating the offense.

• Owner

I guess I should stop watching Basketball. Apperently Kobe Bryant is Currently better than the past Legends who have made the hall of fame.

Is Tim Duncan better than Robert Parish? Parish is in the HOF...so I guess not.

But Here Lets Look at some Career Stats.

Kobe Bryant.

G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG

Career -- 948 800 36.4 0.455 0.341 0.840 1.2 4.1 5.3 4.6 1.5 0.5 2.90 2.70 25.1

Magic:

G FG% FT% St. Blk.

906 .520 .848 1724 374

RPG APG PPG

7.2 11.2 19.5

IF we take Magics Assits Cut them in Half put them on his Scoring average, because he could have easily been scoring instead of passing the ball.

According to your Logic He is better than Kobe then.

Also Magic has a better Free trhow shooting percentage, Field goal Percentage, More rebounds, More Steals Per Game.

So explain to me how Kobe is Better, and How Kobe is better on D, when Magic got more Steals?

• Owner

When Duncan and Kobe make the Hall of Fame, which they will. Then we can compare, until then you cant.

Then why did you compare Karl Malone and Charles Barkley, when Malone isn't in the HOF yet?

http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/topic/5015-charles-barkley-vs-karl-malone/page__view__findpost__p__41012

• Owner

But Here Lets Look at some Career Stats.

Kobe Bryant.

G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG

Career -- 948 800 36.4 0.455 0.341 0.840 1.2 4.1 5.3 4.6 1.5 0.5 2.90 2.70 25.1

Magic:

G FG% FT% St. Blk.

906 .520 .848 1724 374

RPG APG PPG

7.2 11.2 19.5

IF we take Magics Assits Cut them in Half put them on his Scoring average, because he could have easily been scoring instead of passing the ball.

According to your Logic He is better than Kobe then.

Also Magic has a better Free trhow shooting percentage, Field goal Percentage, More rebounds, More Steals Per Game.

So explain to me how Kobe is Better, and How Kobe is better on D, when Magic got more Steals?

Do you seriously think Magic Johnson is a better defensive player than Kobe because he intercepted more passes in the passing lanes? So you think LeBron is better than Kobe, defensively? Because I remember you saying otherwise...

And LeBron also puts up better numbers, but you said Kobe is better...

http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/topic/31-kobe-or-lebron/page__view__findpost__p__322

This is a perfect example of not being consistent with your arguments.

• Owner

So is Barkley Better than Malone. I love how you bring something completely irrelevant into the topic. :lol:

I'm asking why do you make one excuse in here, but throw it out elsewhere?

See the post above about LeBron and Kobe, just another example.

:lol:

Do you seriously think Magic Johnson is a better defensive player than Kobe because he intercepted more passes in the passing lanes? So you think LeBron is better than Kobe, defensively? Because I remember you saying otherwise...

And LeBron also puts up better numbers, but you said Kobe is better...

http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/topic/31-kobe-or-lebron/page__view__findpost__p__322

This is a perfect example of not being consistent with your arguments.

Different Argumetns, have different opinions DUHH. :lol:

And I am sure a 6 9 Guy can shut down more people than a 6 6 guy anyday.

• Owner

Also I would take Magics Leadership, and Sportmanship anyday over Kobes, Plus a Better team Player.

So who is better overall? :wub:

Magic was probably the greatest team player in the game. Most sportsmanship I've ever seen from anyone also. Guess that puts him over everyone else.

• Owner

:lol:

Different Argumetns, have different opinions DUHH. :lol:

So stats are irrelevant when comparing Kobe and LeBron, but they are most important comparing Magic and Kobe?

And I am sure a 6 9 Guy can shut down more people than a 6 6 guy anyday.

LeBron is nearly the same height as Magic, by a half an inch. But okay...

Magic was probably the greatest team player in the game. Most sportsmanship I've ever seen from anyone also. Guess that puts him over everyone else.

You cant not respect the guy for never kicking anyone in the nuts.

I thought we were talking overall player, I guess leadership and sportsmanship count for nothing. :lol: