Minus the rings and MVP's

Real Deal

No rings, no MVPs...  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

You cant not respect the guy for never kicking anyone in the nuts.

I thought we were talking overall player, I guess leadership and sportsmanship count for nothing. :lol:

Sportsmanship and leadership doesn't make you a better player, necessarily. Derek Fisher is arguably just as good of a leader as Kobe Bryant, and he's not even the fourth best player on our team this upcoming season.

LeBron's poor sportsmanship doesn't drop the fact that he's the second best player in the NBA.

Magic didn't have to lead by himself. He had HOF'ers and all-stars on his team (Kareem, Worthy, Cooper, Scott, Nixon, Green) that were fully capable of helping in that department, and also greatly helping him win his five rings.

Sportsmanship and leadership doesn't make you a better player, necessarily. Derek Fisher is arguably just as good of a leader as Kobe Bryant, and he's not even the fourth best player on our team this upcoming season.

LeBron's poor sportsmanship doesn't drop the fact that he's the second best player in the NBA.

Magic didn't have to lead by himself. He had HOF'ers and all-stars on his team (Kareem, Worthy, Cooper, Scott, Nixon, Green) that were fully capable of helping in that department, and also greatly helping him win his five rings.

Kobe had Shaq, He has HOFers surrounding him 2, not to mention he is being coached by the greatest coach of all time.

So are you telling me that Leadership and Sportsmanship Mean nothing when we are comparing overall abilities of Players?

• Owner

Kobe had Shaq, He has HOFers surrounding him 2, not to mention he is being coached by the greatest coach of all time.

So are you telling me that Leadership and Sportsmanship Mean nothing when we are comparing overall abilities of Players?

Sportsmanship surely doesn't. If Kobe doesn't have leadership, how the hell did the Lakers get to the Finals for two consecutive seasons, and win a ring?

So Shaq is a better shooter than Kobe Bryant? LOL. We're nearly done talking now.

Yes Shaq is a better shooter close up with his dunks, he is unstopable and can win Games with Slam Dunks.

But Kobe and Magic are only 3 inches apart, you are talking shaq who is over 7 feet he is obviously taller than Kobe, and its Known that Centers have better shooting percentages because they have different roles on the team which is to take the ball in and dunk it.

Please save yourself the argument and stop being Ignorant.

• Owner

Yes Shaq is a better shooter close up with his dunks, he is unstopable and can win Games with Slam Dunks.

But Kobe and Magic are only 3 inches apart, you are talking shaq who is over 7 feet he is obviously taller than Kobe, and its Known that Centers have better shooting percentages because they have different roles on the team which is to take the ball in and dunk it.

Please save yourself the argument and stop being Ignorant.

Kobe has more range. He's a better shooter, just as Ray Allen is also a better shooter than Magic Johnson.

Do you seriously like dodging everything you throw out there with baseless statements? Shaq is a better shooter because he dunks? :lol:

I'm sure most on OTR know who's ignorant on this site...

Sportsmanship surely doesn't. If Kobe doesn't have leadership, how the hell did the Lakers get to the Finals for two consecutive seasons, and win a ring?

LOL really? Sportsmanship means nothing, thats exactly whats wrong with the players of today. I think sportsmanship is also part of your game whether you agree with it or not. Sportsmanship is something you develop as any other skill. Magic could have been unsportsmanlike easily, its easier to trash talk someone than it is to smile at them and congratulate them ask any player anyday.

I didnt say Kobe doesnt have leadership, are you missreading or something? I said Magic had better leadership abilities than Kobe which is true. I have seen Kobe in the past give up on Games, anyone remeber game 7 of the Suns Series?

• Owner

LOL really? Sportsmanship means nothing, thats exactly whats wrong with the players of today. I think sportsmanship is also part of your game whether you agree with it or not. Sportsmanship is something you develop as any other skill. Magic could have been unsportsmanlike easily, its easier to trash talk someone than it is to smile at them and congratulate them ask any player anyday.

I didnt say Kobe doesnt have leadership, are you missreading or something? I said Magic had better leadership abilities than Kobe which is true. I have seen Kobe in the past give up on Games, anyone remeber game 7 of the Suns Series?

And I already told you that sportsmanship doesn't have a negative effect on the way you play, and I proved that with the current MVP of this league. Do your eyes not catch everything posted?

Kobe has more range. He's a better shooter, just as Ray Allen is also a better shooter than Magic Johnson.

Do you seriously like dodging everything you throw out there with baseless statements? Shaq is a better shooter because he dunks? :lol:

I'm sure most on OTR know who's ignorant on this site...

Real Deal Please describe to me what a 2 Point Shot is, and what a 3 point shot is, Then we will start the discussion from there.

And I already told you that sportsmanship doesn't have a negative effect on the way you play, and I proved that with the current MVP of this league. Do your eyes not catch everything posted?

Really? I guess everyone thinking you are an [expletive] means nothing? It has all the negative connatations brought to it, I do not see how you cant see that.

• Owner

Real Deal Please describe to me what a 2 Point Shot is, and what a 3 point shot is, Then we will start the discussion from there.

How about recognizing what a shooter is, and what a dunker is...and the difference between a jumpshot (which Shaq was terrible at) and a dunk (which Shaq was excellent at).

Using your logic, Shawn Bradley was a better shooter than Kobe Bryant.

Go post that on any other message board and get eaten alive.

• Owner

Really? I guess everyone thinking you are an [expletive] means nothing? It has all the negative connatations brought to it, I do not see how you cant see that.

So explain how it has a negative effect on LeBron's production on the court. Thanks.

How about recognizing what a shooter is, and what a dunker is...and the difference between a jumpshot (which Shaq was terrible at) and a dunk (which Shaq was excellent at).

Using your logic, Shawn Bradley was a better shooter than Kobe Bryant.

Go post that on any other message board and get eaten alive.

Whether its a dunk or a 15 foot fieldgoal, it all counts the same, unless we are talking 3 pointers which counts for 3 points.

Shooting percentage is determined by how many baskets you make, last time I checked. According to Logic Shaq makes More 2PT baskets than Kobe, because he has a higher percentage. Kobe is the better 3PT shooter because he makes more than Shaq. Get it?

But Like I said before you cant compare Kobe and Shaq, because they have different roles on their team. Common You know this. That would be like having an NBA team and calling everyone a Point Guard, or removing all the NBA positions.

• Owner

Whether its a dunk or a 15 foot fieldgoal, it all counts the same, unless we are talking 3 pointers which counts for 3 points.

Shooting percentage is determined by how many baskets you make, last time I checked. According to Logic Shaq makes More 2PT baskets than Kobe, because he has a higher percentage. Kobe is the better 3PT shooter because he makes more than Shaq. Get it?

But Like I said before you cant compare Kobe and Shaq, because they have different roles on their team. Common You know this. That would be like having an NBA team and calling everyone a Point Guard, or removing all the NBA positions.

Let me drop back into layman's terms for you.

When I said that Kobe is a better shooter than Magic Johnson, it meant at jumpshots, long range and mid-range. Do I need to type out everything with full explanations?

It is absolutely ridiculous for you to ever say that any one player is a better shooter than another based on his field goal percentage, because it's untrue. Rajon Rondo's FG% is 50% or so. That doesn't make him as good of a shooter as Steve Nash, does it? No. Same with LeBron. LeBron is an excellent finisher at the rim, excellent dunker. There's a difference.

If you ask any professional analyst to list the greatest shooters of all-time, you sure the hell won't find Shaq's name in there. It will be guys who actually shot at 50% or below most of the time. You need proof? I'm sure I can find you plenty.

Let me drop back into layman's terms for you.

When I said that Kobe is a better shooter than Magic Johnson, it meant at jumpshots, long range and mid-range. Do I need to type out everything with full explanations?

It is absolutely ridiculous for you to ever say that any one player is a better shooter than another based on his field goal percentage, because it's untrue. Rajon Rondo's FG% is 50% or so. That doesn't make him as good of a shooter as Steve Nash, does it? No. Same with LeBron. LeBron is an excellent finisher at the rim, excellent dunker. There's a difference.

If you ask any professional analyst to list the greatest shooters of all-time, you sure the hell won't find Shaq's name in there. It will be guys who actually shot at 50% or below most of the time. You need proof? I'm sure I can find you plenty.

So you are telling me that Kobes 15 Footers count 4 Points while Shaqs dunks only count for 2 Points.

Okay that makes a lot of Sense?

I guess because someone can shoot from 15 feet and not form 2 feet tehy are more amazing and better, yet their points count the same.

Please Man, common. :huh:

You play the game on the court, not on a football field or in the parking lot.

OKay, I guess the Title of this thread needs to Be changed.

Guys Its no Longer Better player minus MVP and Rings.

But Better Player, Minus, MVPs, Rings, Sportsmanship, Leadership and Steals.

Thank Y'All very much just a small correction nothing major. :lol:

• Owner

So you are telling me that Kobes 15 Footers count 4 Points while Shaqs dunks only count for 2 Points.

Okay that makes a lot of Sense?

I guess because someone can shoot from 15 feet and not form 2 feet tehy are more amazing and better, yet their points count the same.

Please Man, common. :huh:

Uh...what? Are you seriously acting this stupid because I gave you a warning earlier for what you said to Matt? Be honest.

OKay, I guess the Title of this thread needs to Be changed.

Guys Its no Longer Better player minus MVP and Rings.

But Better Player, Minus, MVPs, Rings, Sportsmanship, Leadership and Steals.

Thank Y'All very much just a small correction nothing major. :lol:

Please leave my topic, before I help you do so.