Minus the rings and MVP's

Real Deal

No rings, no MVPs...  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

Way to stay off topic and ignore your own rules instead of Debating.

I guess when Real has no arguments people get kicked out of topics.

Really? I have no problem debating Snake. You're just acting like a complete fool, like you have in the past (and were suspended for before).

Really? I have no problem debating Snake. You're just acting like a complete fool, like you have in the past (and were suspended for before).

This topic is not for what you are debating Right now, and Its sad. Please let me know wheen you want to debate about this topic again and not talk about the history I have on this forum. Thank you.

• Owner

So do their points count more because they score from 15 feet away?

Or do dunkers and 15 foot shooters all count for 2 points when they make a basket?

• Owner

So do their points count more because they score from 15 feet away?

Or do dunkers and 15 foot shooters all count for 2 points when they make a basket?

You are the only person on this site, and the only person on any site I've ever visited, that doesn't understand the difference between a shot and a dunk.

Kobe shoots better than LeBron. James is a better dunker. Ray Allen shoots threes better than both of them. Kevin Love shoots half-court shots better than all of them. It doesn't matter the value of the shot. The point is that if Magic is being doubled, he has to pass or shoot the ball, and there's a better chance Kobe can make that shot because, uh, he's a better shooter than Magic Johnson is.

How much more detail do you need? Damn dude.

You are the only person on this site, and the only person on any site I've ever visited, that doesn't understand the difference between a shot and a dunk.

Kobe shoots better than LeBron. James is a better dunker. Ray Allen shoots threes better than both of them. Kevin Love shoots half-court shots better than all of them. It doesn't matter the value of the shot. The point is that if Magic is being doubled, he has to pass or shoot the ball, and there's a better chance Kobe can make that shot because, uh, he's a better shooter than Magic Johnson is.

How much more detail do you need? Damn dude.

MMM KAY.

2 Point Field Goals.

Shaq makes more 2 point fieldgoals than Kobe, because he has a higher percentage.

3 Point Field Goals.

Kobe makes more 3 point field goals than Shaq because he has a higher percentage.

Magic is either the better shooter, or the better scorer, take your pick?

Edited by Mike Hawk

• Owner

MMM KAY.

2 Point Field Goals.

Shaq makes more 2 point fieldgoals than Kobe, because he has a higher percentage.

3 Point Field Goals.

Kobe makes more 3 point field goals than kobe because he has a higher percentage.

Magic is either the better shooter, or the better scorer, take your pick?

Wow.

Kobe shoots a lower percentage than Magic because Bryant was doubled more, and he also attempted more shots per game. Ever heard of a zone defense? Magic didn't have to score 25-30 a game. He had Kareem and Worthy doing that.

Kobe, even during the dynasty, was averaging 25-30 AND leading the team in assists.

When you have more defensive pressure on you, you're going to shoot a lower percentage. That doesn't mean you're a worse shooter, unless you've completely bottomed out at 40% or less a season.

Ray Allen is a better shooter than Rajon Rondo, but his FG% is lower because he gets more defensive attention.

That's the last time I'm explaining it to you. I'm doing more teaching than debating.

According to Tim Legler, Allen, Nowitzki and Kapono are three of the best shooters in the league.

CHEAAAAAAAAA..

and bosnian ure thinking a little 2 hard about this lol.

shooting and dunking is different. yeh it all equals field goal percentage at the end of the day but to say shaq is a better SHOOTER then kobe cus of field goal percentage is very dumb to say.

if u woulda said that on espn u prob woulda got laughed off lol.

Wow.

Kobe shoots a lower percentage than Magic because Bryant was doubled more, and he also attempted more shots per game. Ever heard of a zone defense? Magic didn't have to score 25-30 a game. He had Kareem and Worthy doing that.

Kobe, even during the dynasty, was averaging 25-30 AND leading the team in assists.

When you have more defensive pressure on you, you're going to shoot a lower percentage. That doesn't mean you're a worse shooter, unless you've completely bottomed out at 40% or less a season.

Ray Allen is a better shooter than Rajon Rondo, but his FG% is lower because he gets more defensive attention.

That's the last time I'm explaining it to you. I'm doing more teaching than debating.

2 points is 2 Points.

3 Points is 3 Points.

I do not care which way you look at them or how they are scored. Thats why I said you cant compare Shaq to Kobe, because they have different roles on the team.

While and magic had similar roles on the team as you agreed with me before.

But lets look at it this way. Imagine you just took a Math test.

One kid got 90 one got 60, How is the kids score who got 60 more impressive than the kids score who got 90 because thats the argument you are making right now.

• Owner

I swear that in the five years I've posted here, I've never read anything like that in my life. It's the dumbest thing to say that a player is a better shooter because he makes his dunks.

But you win, good for you. I'm done discussing the topic with you.

Anyone else have an opinion, for or against Kobe, that makes basketball sense?

Shooter = jumpshooting

Efficiency = percentages, shot attempts for points

Player = on court

On Court = 94 feet of basketball hardwood

Let's make sure we have all the variables and the basics of basketball down before we continue our discussion, guys. Thank you.

I swear that in the five years I've posted here, I've never read anything like that in my life. It's the dumbest thing to say that a player is a better shooter because he makes his dunks.

Shooter = jumpshooting

Player = on court

Let's make sure we have all the variables and the basics of basketball down before we continue our discussion, guys. Thank you.

Like i said Before. Magic is either the better scorer or the better Shooter at 2 point field goals, take your pick.

I will agree that Kobe is a better shooter from 3 point range, it would be pretty pointless to argue otherwise.

Shooter = jumpshooting

Player = on court

Are you saying I have no understanding of basketball because if you are that would be a personal attack. All I ever wanted was for you to be a role model for me Real Deal, and follow your own rules and then I will gladly follow them also.

• Owner

after re-reading this [expletive]. wtf are yall even arguing lol.

Here's the summary of his arguments...

1) Shaq is one of the best shooters in the history of the game.

2) It's okay to use stats when comparing Magic to Kobe, but you can't do it when comparing LeBron to Bryant

3) You can't compare two players of different positions, even though Kobe did run the point-forward in the triangle

4) You can't compare a non-HOF'er to a HOF'er, unless it's Karl Malone compared to Charles Barkley

5) On-court abilities are measured by your level of sportsmanlike conduct, which explains LeBron's sucky play and Antawn Jamison's HOF play.

6) Leadership makes for the greatest players, which include Derek Fisher and Antonio McDyess.

I don't know if I covered everything or not.

• Owner

Like i said Before. Magic is either the better scorer or the better Shooter at 2 point field goals, take your pick.

I will agree that Kobe is a better shooter from 3 point range, it would be pretty pointless to argue otherwise.

Neither.

Go vote, by the way: http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/topic/5339-better-shooter

Here's the summary of his arguments...

1) Shaq is one of the best shooters in the history of the game.

2) It's okay to use stats when comparing Magic to Kobe, but you can't do it when comparing LeBron to Bryant

3) You can't compare two players of different positions, even though Kobe did run the point-forward in the triangle

4) You can't compare a non-HOF'er to a HOF'er, unless it's Karl Malone compared to Charles Barkley

5) On-court abilities are measured by your level of sportsmanlike conduct, which explains LeBron's sucky play and Antawn Jamison's HOF play.

6) Leadership makes for the greatest players, which include Derek Fisher and Antonio McDyess.

I don't know if I covered everything or not.

#1, I want the exact quote where i said that.

#2, I already said Different Topics have different opinions and views.

#3, I agreed with you that Kobe and Magic had similar roles.

#4, I will stick by my statement, and then again different topics have different views.

#5, We are debating the overall better player, last time I checked, Sportsmanship and Leadership Count for something.

#6 I said Magic had More Leadership than Kobe, which again is true, nowhere did I say that Kobe had no leadership abilites, nor did I anywhere say that Derek Fisher or Antonio McDyess are better leaders than Kobe.