Who was more important?

Real Deal

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

This is why Iverson isn't wanted by the contenders. They have to completely kill all team play they have just to accomadate for his style of play(which isn't winning basketball).

So Mo Williams is a better player than Iverson too? If you agree with that Real Deal you mind as well admit to Snake winning this. Iverson is not a winner at the point guard position unless you completely build the team around him and at this point you cannot do that and expect to win a championship.

Iverson isn't a better player than Mo Williams, but the Cavaliers need shooters at the guard position, not a slashing guard. LeBron handles the ball most of the time in that offense. He's practically a point-forward. So for what reason would the Cavaliers want to add a slashing point guard to their lineup?

It has nothing to do with killing all team play. I think it's funny that Denver still won 50 games with this "cancer" you guys love to swing at. Did Denver's offense tumble because of Iverson? You have nothing at all to prove it did, while I have everything to prove you wrong.

Yet again, it's Pete Repeat with this discussion. Iverson kills team play, Iverson doesn't lead, nobody wants Iverson, Iverson killed my parents, Iverson blah blah blah.

You guys need to get over it.

• Owner

^You think everything is won on offense then? We barely put a fight in the playoffs that year against LA. And you act as if only AI had everything to do with the 50 wins. :lol:

And you guys barely put up a fight against us this season, if it wasn't for your two bigs. Billups didn't even exist in the WCF.

I never said everything is won on offense...but you have to score to win. Ask Phoenix and Sacramento.

Defense starts to matter when you meet up with the other Finals team. Offensive juggernauts can get to the WCF without playing much team defense, as we've seen for years now.

We barely put a fight? Billups didn't even exist?

We won 2 games, were neck to neck from Game 1-4 and could have won the first two games in LA. No Lakers fans denied this after the first two games. In fact, you and some other Laker fans here said that IF Lakers lost both games in Denver, then you'd be really worried. Thing is, if we really didn't put up a fight like you said you think, what made you even think then the Lakers could potentially lose both games in Denver? :huh:

Billups scored 18 pts and 8 assists with only 1 TO in Game 1 that easily could have been won by us, had 27 pts and only 1 TO in Game 2 win, and averaged 21.8 ppg, 1.5 TO in the first four games before he played un-Billups-like in the last two games. Just because of his struggles in the last two games, you're ready to dismiss him as non-existent?

Because of our bigs? Nene averaged only 9.8 ppg and 0.3 bpg (significantly down from 14.6 ppg and 1.3 bpg during the season), KMart 12.5 ppg and 7.2 rpg (not exactly your dominant big), Birdman had three 2 pt games in the series (difference maker yes but not that much).

If you never said everything is won on offense then you can forget about the 50 wins we had in that season with AI, because the record described nothing about the team once they're in the playoffs.

• Owner

You sound just like the Magic. Could've won, we were this close, it was right there within our reach.

You guys lost 4-2 after Houston rattled our cage. I was never worried about Denver, not once. I was setting myself up for a Lakers/Cavaliers Finals matchup, actually.

And I never said all of your bigs were contributing offensively. It was your bigs playing big on defense.

But hey, you can't disprove that because defensive stats are misleading, just like your offensive ones, right? Oh!

:rolleyes:

Lolll but we're not "barely put a fight" like you said and were so that we're comparable to the 2008 team when you swept us. Like I said, we were neck to neck in the first four games. In 2008 playoffs, it was not even close.

Hell yes, I remember you said if they lose both games in Denver, you'd be really worried. Well, obviously. But the fact you could think they could lose there, means you did not think we're cakewalk.

How can you say it's due to our bigs playing defense when Nene went from 1.3 bpg in the season to only 0.3 bpg in the series... yeah defensive stats don't mean everything just like Gerald Wallace's 2 bpg + 2 spg. But when you have a stats drop off like that, it couldn't mean the better for us. And Kmart was abused by Kobe everytime he's on him (that foul late in Game 1) and he was the one losing his head (technical fouls, tangling up with Derek Fisher and Vujajic).

We all as a unit played solid defense (J.R. taking charges on Kobe, Melo with mostly above average defense the first four games, Carter was abused by Kobe but he's one of the best at challenging shots and made it tough enough for Kobe). But you can't say it's all due to the bigs and discredit the other players, esp your target Billups. You can't compare this unit to that crap 2008 one at all.

Edited by Snake

• Owner

Well I'm pretty sure anyone would be worried if they lost their first two home games of the series. If it was Utah, Houston, or even the 2009 Pistons we were playing, I'm sure it's something to worry about...but I never thought we would lose the first two anyways, because Denver lost the first game, so...

• Owner

Still the same concept, there's no difference. I don't even see how any of this makes sense. If we lose one at home, then lose both at Denver (which I didn't think was possible anyways), then yeah, I'd be worried. Same with any team's fans, against any other team. That's a 3-1 lead for the opposing team...doesn't matter if it's the Denver Nuggets or the Sacramento Kings.

If you think we barely put a fight, (although we were 1-1 after the first two games)... then why would you think there's a "possibility" they could lose one or two in Denver? Why would you even give it a thought?

I mean, if the Nuggets were to face an Australian NBL team (say Melbourne Tigers) in a seven game series, say when the series shifts to Melbourne for Game 3 and 4, I wouldn't say "if Nuggets lose Game 3 and 4, I'd be worried." Because I know it will end in 4 games. There's no way Tigers are winning any game even on their homecourt. Now that would be "barely putting a fight".

The fact that you said it... :lol: wow Real you're something else lol

• Owner

Do you not read? I never said that there was a possibility, because I never believed in it to begin with. I stated that if it were to happen, even though it won't, it would be a cause to worry. You can say that about any team in the playoffs, true? If your team goes down 3-1, you worry, doesn't matter who you're playing.

Is there any other way you would like for me to put this block of text above? Any other method of posting it so you can better understand it? I don't know if you're doing it to be ridiculously annoying, or if you're truly not getting the picture among the thousands I've thrown at you in all of these discussions, but I'm starting to get a bit worried.

If you really thought and still think we barely put a fight you wouldn't even consider the IFs.

If Denver Nuggets face an NBL team, I wouldn't consider the IFs because that's not possible to begin with.

You with me? You contradict your own point again. Basically you said the Nuggets barely put a fight against Lakers, and yet you think the possibility of it happening.

IFs = possibilities.

Edited by Snake

• Owner

If you really thought and still think we barely put a fight you wouldn't even consider the IFs.

If Denver Nuggets face an NBL team, I wouldn't consider the IFs because that's not possible to begin with.

You with me? You contradict your own point again. Basically you said the Nuggets barely put a fight against Lakers, and yet you think the possibility of it happening.

IFs = possibilities.

There is always a possibility. The probability? Two different levels.

Phoenix didn't put up much of a fight in 2006, either, for the first four games (down 3-1). You know what happened after that.

So, like I said, the Nuggets didn't put up much of a fight, about as much as the Jazz did, as much as the Magic, and probably not even as much as the Rockets did, even though they were never really a threat in Los Angeles, anyways.