Video Editing/Converting

Teletopez

I tried it and it was a waste of an hour. So if anyone would like to help out, I'd really appreciate it. I need a video about 21 minutes long divided into 3 parts and converted into a format YouTube accepts. I'll give specifications if anyone wants to do this. Thanks.

It's really not that hard. What software are you using? I could help assist you in chopping it up into three parts via AIM. Let me know if you're interested via PM.

I have the video in FLV and .avi. I've tried WMM, but I don't see an option to save in any other format. I also tried Camtasia Studio 6 but it gives me some random format that I can't convert.

In WMM, save the project in which it will only allow you to save it as a .WMM type (or whatever). We're doing that in case something happens to your work and you'll be able to go back to it. Once you've got it saved, click on "Publish Movie" and it'll ask you where you want to publish your movie. You'll want to publish it to "This Computer" and click next. Name your movie, click where you want to save it and click next. Then make sure you have "Best Quality" checked and click publish. It'll save your project in I believe a .WMV in which Youtube accepts.

If you have anymore questions or problems, let me know and I'll do the best I can to help you out.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

In WMM, save the project in which it will only allow you to save it as a .WMM type (or whatever). We're doing that in case something happens to your work and you'll be able to go back to it. Once you've got it saved, click on "Publish Movie" and it'll ask you where you want to publish your movie. You'll want to publish it to "This Computer" and click next. Name your movie, click where you want to save it and click next. Then make sure you have "Best Quality" checked and click publish. It'll save your project in I believe a .WMV in which Youtube accepts.

If you have anymore questions or problems, let me know and I'll do the best I can to help you out.

It worked!:D

Uploading it on YT was a bit frustrating because the uploads kept failing for some reason and the order I wanted it in kept getting ruined, but it appears to have worked. Thanks a LOT, dude.

No problem man. It is frustrating in WMM because you would think "Oh, save, that's what I need to do". It took me awhile to figure out that you have to click the publish button. Kinda odd but I guess it makes sense.

If you ever need any other help, let me know.