Urlacher Likely Done For 2009

MainEv3nt

Brian Urlacher appears to be out for the season after dislocating his right wrist, the linebacker said Monday. The team has not given the official word, but Lovie Smith is expected to address the issue during his afternoon press conference.

Urlacher injured his wrist in the first quarter of Sunday's 21-15 loss to the Packers. He was ruled out after halftime.

When asked about his status Monday, Urlacher said in a text message that his ``season is over.''

He was scheduled to undergo surgery Monday morning upon the team's arrival back in Chicago from Green Bay

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/13670/20090914/urlacher_likely_done_for_2009/

Might as well retire. I can't remember the last time he was healthy.

you cant remember the past 4 straight years or 8 of his 9 seasons in the NFL where he played all 16 games? and he is 31.....

either really bad use of sarcasm or you know nothing about football, im not really sure which

Edited by fly3rs18

• Owner

you cant remember the past 4 straight years or 8 of his 9 seasons in the NFL where he played all 16 games? and he is 31.....

either really bad use of sarcasm or you know nothing about football, im not really sure which

Right, because you're probably the most knowledgeable football fan on this board...

Hope that was a little better.

Apparently, you don't watch any pre-game analysis. Tune in sometime. You probably would've heard a few goons talking about how Urlacher has been struggling to stay healthy for the last two or three years, because of his back problems.

Great use of sarcasm, if you actually pay attention to pre-game analysis.

Right, because you're probably the most knowledgeable football fan on this board...

Apparently, you don't watch any pre-game analysis. Tune in sometime. You probably would've heard a few goons talking about how Urlacher has been struggling to stay healthy for the last two or three years, because of his back problems.

Oho Brandon dished it out cold :lol:

you have to read football threads to know if that is true or not.

has he played all 16 games the past 4 straight years?

i dont care what they talk about in pre-game analysis. he hasnt missed any games, clearly all of his "injuries" havent been serious, or even considered injuries at all.

and the fact that you think he should retire because he is hurt all the time is pretty hilarious though

• Owner

you have to read football threads to know if that is true or not.

Don't worry, I read every single topic on this site. I own it and run it.

i dont care what they talk about in pre-game analysis. he hasnt missed any games, clearly all of his "injuries" havent been serious, or even considered injuries at all.

and the fact that you think he should retire because he is hurt all the time is pretty hilarious though

I'm pretty sure I let you know I was being sarcastic and poking fun at the analysts from yesterday morning's discussion (on NFL Network), but I guess I didn't make that clear enough.

Done just like the Bears season.

Just because Urlacher is, most likely, done for the season, shouldn't have a big bearing on Chicago's season. They're still a quality team that'll be in a lot of games they will play.

The Bears really like their back-up weakside linebacker, Jamar Williams. They could play Williams, push Briggs inside, or sign Brooks. Either way, Briggs will move inside.

You are wrong. Just because you're tough enough to play with an injury doesn't mean you aren't injured and it isn't hindering your performance. It's obvious to anyone Urlacher hasn't been himself since these back up problems starter occurring. Nice try on trying to bash someone for no reason though.

Just because Urlacher is, most likely, done for the season, shouldn't have a big bearing on Chicago's season. They're still a quality team that'll be in a lot of games they will play.

The Bears really like their back-up weakside linebacker, Jamar Williams. They could play Williams, push Briggs inside, or sign Brooks. Either way, Briggs will move inside.

Bears wont move briggs to inside linebacker, his natural position is weekside and is a probowl player at that position. Hunter hilleymer will take urlachers spot in the middle, since he claims he is more comfortable in the middle than strong side, and has the most experience at that position on the team besides brian. We also signed LB Tim Shaw from Penn State today, but supposedly for special teams purposes only. Will probably have lb roach play lolb, hunter in middle, and briggs on rolb, least till pisa gets back from his injury.

Bears wont move briggs to inside linebacker, his natural position is weekside and is a probowl player at that position. Hunter hilleymer will take urlachers spot in the middle, since he claims he is more comfortable in the middle than strong side, and has the most experience at that position on the team besides brian. We also signed LB Tim Shaw from Penn State today, but supposedly for special teams purposes only. Will probably have lb roach play lolb, hunter in middle, and briggs on rolb, least till pisa gets back from his injury.

I'm just relaying what Adam Schefter heard from a guy inside Chicago. Briggs moves inside and Jamar Williams, Tim Shaw or if they sign Derrick Brooks at the weakside. You really want Hunter Hillenmeyer to play the middle?

You are wrong. Just because you're tough enough to play with an injury doesn't mean you aren't injured and it isn't hindering your performance. It's obvious to anyone Urlacher hasn't been himself since these back up problems starter occurring. Nice try on trying to bash someone for no reason though.

i havent watched urlacher consistently enough over the past few years to say if his play has declined or not, but if any of his injuries or back problems really hindered his performance that much then he would have sat out. obvious he and the trainers thought that he could play through the injuries and play at a high enough level, otherwise he would not have played.

and you are not one to talk about bashing someone for no reason

Don't worry, I read every single topic on this site. I own it and run it.

I'm pretty sure I let you know I was being sarcastic and poking fun at the analysts from yesterday morning's discussion (on NFL Network), but I guess I didn't make that clear enough.

anything i say about the reading every single post would get me suspended so there isnt much point in saying it. but i will just say that it is pretty obvious whether or not you have read some of the past threads

and i didnt really catch the sarcasm. but besides that confusion, your second comment about retiring was pretty bad, unless i am somehow missing even more sarcasm

• Owner

Don't worry, I read the topics, and I see which fans stir up the most trouble in them. It's the main reason why certain members are hesitant to say anything to certain fans about their team. Generalizations hold true most of the time.

And don't bother posting about my sarcasm, if you have no idea what I was talking about in the first place. Go ahead and drop it. I'm already discussing it on another board, and was doing so even before Urlacher dislocated his wrist.