Allen Iverson comes to Grizzlies with swagger

La Bomba

http://media.commercialappeal.com/mca/content/img/photos/2009/09/12/13d1a_t220.jpeg

Iverson, acquired by the Grizzlies last week, has never seen any limits to what he can accomplish. So just as he once believed he could outplay Jordan as a high school student, he now believes he can reshape the Grizzlies into a winner as a fading, 34-year-old superstar and redeem himself in the process.

"I've proved that I can get it done on a basketball court and help a team win games," Iverson said last week. "And that's all I'm here to do, is to help this team win basketball games. And I'm not talking about just going to the playoffs. That's not my goal."

Iverson is a 10-time All-Star, a former Most Valuable Player, a future Hall of Famer, an international celebrity and one of the most fascinating and divisive athletes of his generation. It already has become popular in Memphis to think of him as "The Answer" for a struggling franchise, but his tenure here can only start with a series of questions.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/sep/13/iverson-comes-to-town-with-swagger/

Pretty nice story.

I hope that Iverson learns his lesson from Detroit but overall I’m happy for him because he is one of the hardest working players in the league and it would have been very disappointing if he wasn’t able to sign on with a team in the league. Iverson deserves a chance at championship but I don’t think Memphis is the right team for obvious reasons.