Morey Kicks Off Free Agency With Gortat Tweet

Daryl Morey kicked off the 2010 free agency with a Tweet just minutes before midnight announcing that he is set to meet with Marcin Gortat.

"Meeting in a few w/ Gortat," wrote the Rockets general manager. "Send a note to him NOW at rocketsfanslovegortat@gmail.com. He will receive. Show him how much we want him in Red!"

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60227/20090701/morey_kicks_off_free_agency_with_gortat_tweet/

Wow going straight after Gortat, I love it.

The Rockets desperately need a center now after Yao's fall and there going strong after one. Morey is a smart smart man, he knows how to bring a player to Houston using his skills from his studies at MIT. Gortat would be a nice fit in Houston with that game play, definitely.

Marcin Gortat’s agent is telling teams he already has a full midlevel offer. League executives think it is likely from the Houston Rockets, who met with Gortat after midnight on Wednesday.

Link

That was fast.

I was waiting to see who would overpay for this guy. I liked him alot in orlando, but hes not that great of a player. He still needs alot of work and is not ready to be a starter.

He will be ready by the time the season starts. He is going to be even more of a beast.