Arenas: Nobody Can Guard Me

MainEv3nt

LMAO you've been saying it since this whole discussion began. Arenas said "Nobody can guard me" if no one guard him he is unstoppable. That's why his comments are ridiculous.

Just shut up, you have no clue what I have been saying, and from the posts you've made, you're a complete idiot. I have no business even replying to your posts.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Owner

Whoa Brandon, hold up a second. When did I say Gil was unstoppable. I backed him up, but please show me a post in which I said he was unstoppable.

And no, I didn't say Dwight was a true big man, I said he's apart of the new breed of big men in this league that feed off of pure athleticism. And that's exactly right.

So far you've shown nothing to me proving that Amare is the better player. I'm all for proving people wrong, but I especially like getting proven wrong, and you've done that to me on a number of occasions, so if you can do so here, I'll be perfectly cool with it. I don't join forums so I can show off my knowledge, I'm not as smart as 70% of this board, so anytime I get a chance to learn more about the game, I'm more than happy in accepting it.

If you're backing him up, you're agreeing with him. You don't back someone's statements up that are untrue.

If Gilbert used to be unstoppable, there's something wrong with his teammates (Jamison and Butler), because an unstoppable guard should be able to win over 45 games with two other all-stars, no?

If he's unstoppable right now, and Jamison is still an all-star level player, and we know Caron can be...then they better be a top three team in the East, because someone of that caliber better be doing good with those two players.

Here's the truth: Gilbert is a shooting guard, Butler is a forward/guard, and Jamison is a shooting forward. Arenas is not a good defender, Jamison isn't even close to one, and Butler has been a matador ever since his days with the Heat (a couple of good games against LeBron doesn't cut it).

The only good defender on the team is Brendan Haywood, and he's inconsistent at times.

As far as Amare being better, I gave you the numbers. He's much more accurate from the field (which has a LOT to do with him playing closer to the rim), he's a better scorer, he's a better rebounder, he's a better shot-blocker (didn't give you that stat, but I can assure you he is, by far), he is a better defender, he's had much more success as a primary option, much more success as a second option (when you could argue he played second fiddle in some games), and his playoff numbers are better.

Telling me that Jamison has a better basketball IQ to prove your point...that's hard to believe because Amare has worked extremely well with Nash, playing excellent basketball without having the ball in his hands, setting screens and rolling perfectly, and playing help defense better than Jamison.

Jamison has a more defined skillset, but again, that's because he plays like a small forward. If a skillset was all that defined a player, Dwight Howard is in big, big trouble.

I'm going to say it's his versatility you're pointing at, and I wouldn't say that Jamison is as versatile as Lamar Odom, and we've seen him single-handedly destroy an offense, even though he's also a pretty good sixth man and, half of the time, a second or third option.

Just shut up, you have no clue what I have been saying, and from the posts you've made, you're a complete idiot. I have no business even replying to your posts.

Lol you sound like a little child now. Just because everything I've said has been completely true and you have no response to it doesn't mean I'M the complete idiot.

BTW

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IVI5W8Eg3Gs/SI8lYL-M6jI/AAAAAAAAABE/hJEyACF7rNQ/s320/YouMad.jpg