4. Your Decision (4:43)

5. A Looking in View (7:05)

6. When the Sun Rose Again (4:00)

7. Acid Bubble (6:55)

8. Lessons Learned (4:16)

9. Take Her Out (3:59)

10. Private Hell (5:38)

11. Black Gives Way to Blue (3:03)

Alice in Chains is an American rock band formed in Seattle, Washington, in 1987 by guitarist Jerry Cantrell and vocalist Layne Staley. Although widely associated with grunge music, the band's sound incorporates heavy metal and acoustic elements. Since its formation, Alice in Chains has released three studio albums, three EPs, two live albums, four compilations, and two DVDs. The band is known for its distinct vocal style which often included the harmonized vocals of Staley and Cantrell.

Alice in Chains rose to international fame as part of the grunge movement of the early 1990s, along with bands such as Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden. The band was one of the most successful music acts of the 1990s, selling over 17 million albums worldwide,[1] including 14 million in the United States alone.[2] The band achieved two number-one Billboard 200 albums (Jar of Flies and Alice in Chains), 11 top ten singles on the Mainstream Rock Tracks charts, and six Grammy Award nominations.

Although never officially disbanding, Alice in Chains was plagued by extended inactivity due to Layne Staley's problems with substance abuse, culminating in his death in 2002. Alice in Chains reunited in 2005 and as of 2009 have finished recording their first studio album in 14 years with new lead vocalist William DuVall. The album, Black Gives Way to Blue, is due for release on September 29, 2009, via Virgin/EMI.[1]

*Link Removed -- Illegal File-Sharing is Not Allowed on OTR*

I like Alice in Chains, I might check out the album but it just wont be the same without the original singer. It's like with Drowning Pool, I loved the first album but after the original singer passed on, they were never the same (at least with the 2nd singer, haven't listened to their new singer yet) but I will likely check them out.

I don't like DuVall that much. Staley was way better.

No one will replace Layne but there are a billion ways they could have gone wrong with a band rebuild and i think they managed to avoid most of them.

Another thing i really never noticed until this album is that Layne was just a voice. Cantrell IS Alice in Chains, he is the lyricist, the melodious and the soul of this band. I always knew he was about 30% of the equation but after this album i have determined him to be about 80% of what AIC is.

Your really posting this on OTR?

Why not?

They are a legendary band and clearly people have shown interest.