Anyone play guitar?

SRV

I just started playing, not serious, just playing little parts to songs, trying to learn stuff. I was wondering if anyone could make a video lesson or understandable guitar tab to a song I am trying to figure out.

Let me know.

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Hug you squeeeze you...just want to know the intro and the riff he plays while he is singing, screw the solo because I would never be able to play it.

Also the beginning of So excited, also by SRV.

Edited by El Niño

Go to ultimate-guitar.com thats where i get all my tabs.

Yea but for that song, what I played on the guitar is completely different from the song, maybe I read it wrong, and I am not good yet, but I think the tab was off. Also didn't tell me what fret to start on.

Edited by El Niño

Well I just figured it out. And yeah tabs are usually a little off, but their a good guideline sort of, so you just have to listen to the song and correct it yourself. But I would choose something easier if you're a beginner, something that's more well known so that there will be a more accurate tab.

I can play the main part for Day Trippr by the Beatles lol, figured that out as I was fooling around with another song and I realized it sounded similar. I know that SRV songs aren't for beginners, but basically I just want to know how to play it so I can practice it everyday and get better at it, I learn the notes quickly, just have to practice speed and all the muting he does. I would learn more, but I don't know any easy songs I can play.

Kind of, some tabs are really easy to read, and some confuse the hell out of me. Like I do what it saids and it ends up sounding like a completely different song. Example, look up So Excited by SRV live version, look at the video on youtube then play whats on the tab, its like two completely diff songs.

Actually I just did and the tab matched up with the song, but thing with SRV is he tunes his guitar down half a step. So what that means for you is instead of playing it like this:

|-----------------!x-|---------------------|

|-----------------!x-|-------------(5)-----|

|-x---7-7-5-7-5---!x-|-----7-7-5-7--5----x-|

|-x-------------7----|-----------------7-7-|

|-5-5----------------|-5-5---------------x-|

You're gonna want to play it like this:

|-----------------!x-|-------------(4)-----|

|-x---6-6-4-6-4---!x-|-----6-6-4-6--4----x-|

|-x-------------6----|-----------------6-6-|

|-4-4----------------|-4-4---------------x-|

That should sound better, if you're in standard tuning.

What song is that? So excited or the other one?

Also, what does the (4) mean? and the !x? I know X means muted string, but what is the !.

One more thing lol, did your post get screwed up when aligning stuff? Cuz one of the X's is not under the other ones and then everything else could be affected.

Edited by El Niño

Yeah my post got screwed up. That one is So Excited, and I'm not really sure what the ( ) means or the ! things either, lol. I don't really pay attention to that stuff when I read tabs, tabs just give me the gist of what to play so I can go back and listen to the song to figure out the different parts and timing.

I tried it out, seems right, but it skips a little part, don't know if its skips a rake or if I just suck at raking, but it kind of skips a little part. If you know So Excited and you play that tab you will see what I mean..unless I just played it wrong.

Yea, it takes years to at least get decent and play a whole song perfectly and learn songs just by listening to them. I don't think I will be able to play a complete song unless I have a teacher telling me exactly what to play.