Your Most hated player in the nfl?

reno

• Owner

I am not defending anybody, I was just curious what made him annoying to you.

Well, you said you struggle to find how anyone can consider him annoying, so you obviously disagree with me. I get to keep my arm.

Well, you said you struggle to find how anyone can consider him annoying, so you obviously disagree with me. I get to keep my arm.

Eh, I just think that by your logic, there would be a couple far more annoying QBs in the league. Your last line said "win the big one before you act like a badass". If that's the case, I'd think that you'd find somebody like Jay Cutler or Tony Romo far more annoying. Look at the [expletive] storm Cutler kicked up in Denver this past winter...all for a guy with a regular season winning percentage under .500 and 0 postseason wins to his resume. And Romo is in the media more than either of them, but has he even won a game after Thanksgiving? For all the [expletive] McNabb takes about being a choke artist or not being able to "win the big one", he is in the postseason pretty much every year that he stays healthy. I think he has won ten postseason games in his career too. As an Eagles fan, would I have liked the final drive in the Super Bowl a few years ago to end differently? Absolutely. But I think he has more credentials than the large majority of NFL QBs. And he absolutely never talks [expletive] in the media. People pick apart his comments all the time, and I can understand people finding some of the things he has said to be slightly annoying, but I find your logic to be off a bit.

Anyway, now I am defending him. :glasses:

Eh, I just think that by your logic, there would be a couple far more annoying QBs in the league. Your last line said "win the big one before you act like a badass". If that's the case, I'd think that you'd find somebody like Jay Cutler or Tony Romo far more annoying. Look at the [expletive] storm Cutler kicked up in Denver this past winter...all for a guy with a regular season winning percentage under .500 and 0 postseason wins to his resume. And Romo is in the media more than either of them, but has he even won a game after Thanksgiving? For all the [expletive] McNabb takes about being a choke artist or not being able to "win the big one", he is in the postseason pretty much every year that he stays healthy. I think he has won ten postseason games in his career too. As an Eagles fan, would I have liked the final drive in the Super Bowl a few years ago to end differently? Absolutely. But I think he has more credentials than the large majority of NFL QBs. And he absolutely never talks [expletive] in the media. People pick apart his comments all the time, and I can understand people finding some of the things he has said to be slightly annoying, but I find your logic to be off a bit.

BOOM SHAKALAKA!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

McNabb is the winning est QB in the NFC in the past decade. Pathetic that people only see him as a choke artist, because of a few bad bounces in the postseason. In football anything can happen. It's not like basketball where the best team ultimately always wins like a 7 game series.

The only active players with more postseason starts than McNabb are Favre, Brady, Matt Light, Mike Vrabel, Tra Thomas, Brian Dawkins, and Jon Runyan. Nearly one half of those guys were Eagles for the majority of their career, another has been playing for about 20 years, and three of them are from a dynasty.

Also let's compare McNabb and Peyton Manning's winning percentage in the playoffs.

McNabb: 9-6

Peyton: 7-8

Oh man look at that. Peyton Manning one of the greatest players in this generation loses more than he wins in the playoffs. What a [expletive]ing choker.

In football when the difference of who wins the superbowl could be a guy fumbling the ball at a crucial point(in a situation the QB has no control over) in a game it is retarded to imply that the QB has control of the outcome of the game all in his own.

Edited by Diesel

Jay Cutler and LT.

LT hates NE for some reason, maybe cuz he can't beat us in the post season :3.

Cutler is just an [expletive], not to mention he's overrated. He threw to one receiver in Denver, Brandon Marshall made him look good. Now that he's in Chi-city, and his go-to guy is Devin Hester, he wont be so great IMO. He's good, dont get me wrong, i just dont like him+i think he's overrated lol.

• Owner

Cutler is the default answer. Almost everyone is on the hate wagon for him right now.

Romo more annoying than McNabb? I wouldn't say so. After the comments McNabb made about black QB's, the phone incident, and then that small comment about Vick (it was him simply notifying the public he was still the better QB, as if we didn't know that), he's just more annoying.

And winning anytime before the SB means nothing if you don't finish it off with a championship. If my Raiders got to the big game every season for ten consecutive years, and never won, I'd be pissed and wouldn't have much room to brag. First place loser is not an award, and McNabb has had plenty of talent around him to win it all, yet he hasn't.

So for someone who used to think he was the best QB in the league (and he probably still does), he should probably sit back and realize he needs much, much more help than ever before, and he's fading out as the Matt Ryans and the Tom Bradys are turning him into a memory.

Cutler is the default answer. Almost everyone is on the hate wagon for him right now.

Romo more annoying than McNabb? I wouldn't say so. After the comments McNabb made about black QB's, the phone incident, and then that small comment about Vick (it was him simply notifying the public he was still the better QB, as if we didn't know that), he's just more annoying.

And winning anytime before the SB means nothing if you don't finish it off with a championship. If my Raiders got to the big game every season for ten consecutive years, and never won, I'd be pissed and wouldn't have much room to brag. First place loser is not an award, and McNabb has had plenty of talent around him to win it all, yet he hasn't.

So for someone who used to think he was the best QB in the league (and he probably still does), he should probably sit back and realize he needs much, much more help than ever before, and he's fading out as the Matt Ryans and the Tom Bradys are turning him into a memory.

To each their own, I guess. I think you are being very nitpicky though. Not about his lack of a title, but about his comments in the media. But it's your opinion I guess.

• Owner

BOOM SHAKALAKA!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

McNabb is the winning est QB in the NFC in the past decade. Pathetic that people only see him as a choke artist, because of a few bad bounces in the postseason. In football anything can happen. It's not like basketball where the best team ultimately always wins like a 7 game series.

The only active players with more postseason starts than McNabb are Favre, Brady, Matt Light, Mike Vrabel, Tra Thomas, Brian Dawkins, and Jon Runyan. Nearly one half of those guys were Eagles for the majority of their career, another has been playing for about 20 years, and three of them are from a dynasty.

Also let's compare McNabb and Peyton Manning's winning percentage in the playoffs.

McNabb: 9-6

Peyton: 7-8

Oh man look at that. Peyton Manning one of the greatest players in this generation loses more than he wins in the playoffs. What a [expletive]ing choker.

In football when the difference of who wins the superbowl could be a guy fumbling the ball at a crucial point(in a situation the QB has no control over) in a game it is retarded to imply that the QB has control of the outcome of the game all in his own.

Well, uh, I never said I hated him because of his postseason record. Good way to completely avoid my reasoning, though.

But yeah, again, I knew this would happen, since some of you Eagles fans live in the perfect city (or near it), with the perfect fans, and the perfect sports teams, that contain the perfect athletes.

• Like 1

Well, uh, I never said I hated him because of his postseason record. Good way to completely avoid my reasoning, though.

But yeah, again, I knew this would happen, since some of you Eagles fans live in the perfect city (or near it), with the perfect fans, and the perfect sports teams, that contain the perfect athletes.

I don't think anybody could say a word about anybody on the Phillies or Sixers. I know ECN has some issues with the Flyers but overall they are good guys too.

LOL @ hating on a guy for such small instances such as the "Vick gimmick ordeal" which was nothing at all. I'd think things like killing hundreds of dogs(Vick) or screwing over a franchise(Cutler) would make someone more hatable.

Perhaps you didn't hear about Tony Romo taking Jessica Simpson out and then dropping her off while driving all the way home over 50 miles away leaving her stranded there without a way back. Details arn't exact, but it was some crap like that. Just a small sample of the Romo he is. OR what about dumping her on the eve of her birthday? Real cool guy that Tony Romo is.

How about Romo's precelebrations yet fails to win any games in the playoffs or in December when the intensity rises?

So I guess JaMarcus Russell is just as good as Donovan McNabb in your all-time rankings since neither of them have won a superbowl as a starting quarterback. Great logic there.

A 0-16 season is not equivalent to a 13-3 year in which your team reached the Superbowl, but didn't win it all.

And nobody is saying McNabb is the best QB in the league or he ever was. No Eagles fan is arguing he's been better than Peyton or Brady.

Edited by Diesel

• Owner

LOL @ hating on a guy for such small instances such as the "Vick gimmick ordeal" which was nothing at all. I'd think things like killing hundreds of dogs(Vick) or screwing over a franchise(Cutler) would make someone more hatable.

Perhaps you didn't hear about Tony Romo taking Jessica Simpson out and then dropping her off while driving all the way home over 50 miles away leaving her stranded there without a way back. Details arn't exact, but it was some crap like that. Just a small sample of the Romo he is. OR what about dumping her on the eve of her birthday? Real cool guy that Tony Romo is.

How about Romo's precelebrations yet fails to win any games in the playoffs or in December when the intensity rises?

My apologies for dissing your uncle. I didn't realize you and Donovan McNabb were so close.

• Owner

So I guess JaMarcus Russell is just as good as Donovan McNabb in your all-time rankings since neither of them have won a superbowl as a starting quarterback. Great logic there.

A 0-16 season is not equivalent to a 13-3 year in which your team reached the Superbowl, but didn't win it all.

And nobody is saying McNabb is the best QB in the league or he ever was. No Eagles fan is arguing he's been better than Peyton or Brady.

I clearly stated that if you're going to act like you're the best QB in the league, you might wanna win something. I never said that McNabb's ranking as a QB changes because he hasn't won the big game. Personally, I never saw him as the best anyways, so that's irrelevant.

And yes, you guys used to argue that McNabb was the best in the league a few years back. That's when I decided to stop viewing the football forums we had, when I had them spread out in divisions.

Not a surprise, really.

I clearly stated that if you're going to act like you're the best QB in the league, you might wanna win something. I never said that McNabb's ranking as a QB changes because he hasn't won the big game. Personally, I never saw him as the best anyways, so that's irrelevant.

And yes, you guys used to argue that McNabb was the best in the league a few years back. That's when I decided to stop viewing the football forums we had, when I had them spread out in divisions.

Not a surprise, really.

When did McNabb proclaim himself as the best QB in the game? I must've missed that press conference. So because of the phone call incident(which was great) he is automatically a conceited QB? He just won a playoff game and is happy and it's his way of celebrating. But of course I don't see you having a problem with Kobe jumping up and down screaming while ripping his jersey open to expose his breast after he hits a game winner, or when he proclaims "HE CAN'T GUARD ME" in reference to Shane Battier the classiest guy in the league.

Typical

• Owner

When did McNabb proclaim himself as the best QB in the game? I must've missed that press conference. So because of the phone call incident(which was great) he is automatically a conceited QB? He just won a playoff game and is happy and it's his way of celebrating. But of course I don't see you having a problem with Kobe jumping up and down screaming while ripping his jersey open to expose his breast after he hits a game winner, or when he proclaims "HE CAN'T GUARD ME" in reference to Shane Battier the classiest guy in the league.

Typical

No harm when McNabb pulled out the race card a couple of times, I guess. That was his way of asking for more attention as the best QB in the league, but you either don't remember it, or didn't understand it.

[Diesel]What does Kobe Bryant have to do with this NFL topic?[/Diesel]

But, since you asked, Kobe can say what he wants. He's been the best player in the NBA for years.

McNabb has never been the best QB in the NFL, and never will be. And he's annoying. Dry those eyes of yours and stop getting so upset at someone not liking your beloved team or players on that team.

This is the type of stuff that makes me pump my fist when teams like the Saints run over the Eagles, just like I said they would.

No harm when McNabb pulled out the race card a couple of times, I guess. That was his way of asking for more attention as the best QB in the league, but you either don't remember it, or didn't understand it.

[Diesel]What does Kobe Bryant have to do with this NFL topic?[/Diesel]

But, since you asked, Kobe can say what he wants. He's been the best player in the NBA for years.

McNabb has never been the best QB in the NFL, and never will be. And he's annoying. Dry those eyes of yours and stop getting so upset at someone not liking your beloved team or players on that team.

This is the type of stuff that makes me pump my fist when teams like the Saints run over the Eagles, just like I said they would.

It is true black quarterbacks for whatever reason are looked at seperately. Your telling me you never saw an article titled "Best Black Quarterbacks of All-Time" or something of the sort? Look at this article and look how the writer writes.

http://thesportsspectator.com/?p=602

And no McNabb didn't interpret himself as the best QB in the game anywhere on his HBO interview. He just said that the black quarterbacks have to do a little extra to gain the same approval as a guy like Peyton or Carson Palmer. Sorry Dr. Phil, but that generalization is wrong.

So just because Kobe is the best in his field means he can go around saying whatever he wants?

Let's put this into a real life example. If I'm walking down the street and I See a 500 pound man, I am not going to point at him and go "YOUR FAT". That is not how the world works buddy and just because something is true doesn't mean you can be an [expletive] and say it. I guess Kobe has specil priveledges though huh?

Adrian Peterson- Everyone is on the bandwagon for him, he is to damn good haha

Brett Favre- Not so much hate for him, just very dislike him right now after the bull[expletive] stunts he pulled on us(my favorite player of all time)

Darren Sharper- Always tried to punk us and talk [expletive] when we play him, glad he is out the division now

Brandon---it's not that you have a problem with McNabb, it's that your logic is flawed. I honestly think you are doing this to get a rise out of us so you can say "oh there goes those homer Philly fans again". I have no problem with people disliking McNabb (and living in an area with an awful lot of NY fans, I get that a lot). But you are reaching very far to find reasons he is annoying. This is the NFL, I think we can find a few slightly more annoying personalities.

But like I said earlier, to each their own.

• Like 1

• Owner

It's funny that McNabb has his children supporting him, when any other player (or, well, anyone who doesn't play for the Eagles) would be criticized without hesitation, and most of the time, without rebuttal.

I don't like him. He's annoying. I don't like what he has said in the past, he has hinted that he thinks he's the best QB in the league, he has pulled the race card, he taunted the Giants, and I'm glad to see him fail every season he's in the NFL, just as he will this year, and the next, and the next (if he even lasts that long).

I could care less if it gets a rise out of you Eagles fans. You guys aren't that important to me, as a fanbase. This is a basketball site, and if I wanted to get a rise out of any one fanbase, it would be basketball-related, definitely not a team that doesn't even exist to me.

It's still a perfect example of why people think you guys are annoying, just as I do your QB. Ever read up on it? Nobody likes Eagles fans. Nobody but Eagles fans. Why? Well, I don't know...log off and read the forums as a guest, and maybe you'll see why every football-related argument always, always involves one of you.

Get over it already. A lot of people don't like you guys. I can't stand your team or any of its players, especially your coach. That part has a LOT to do with the fans...but me hating McNabb also has a lot to do with him.

I don't have flawed logic. I already told you I don't like Cutler, and that should be the general consensus at this time, anyways. I don't like Vick, either, but hey...look at what team he's playing for.

But when I say I don't like McNabb, oh [expletive], I have some explaining to do!

If your team was that important, I'd put up a banner...but to be honest, at this time, I would rather put up a Kansas City Chiefs banner, as a Raiders fan...and that's probably nobody else's fault but your own.

• Owner

wait, so you arent sure about favre, but you hate mcnabb because he is annoying and wants attention?

you just dont like philly fans so therefore you dont like mcnabb. all your other reasons are just to convince yourself that it is not the only reason

Favre did what Michael Jordan did, so if I hate Favre, I might as well hate MJ.

And once again, you can trust me when I tell you that your sports team is not that important to me. If Philly fans cause me to hate their athletes, why do I like Iguodala? You lose.

Favre did what Michael Jordan did, so if I hate Favre, I might as well hate MJ.

And once again, you can trust me when I tell you that your sports team is not that important to me. If Philly fans cause me to hate their athletes, why do I like Iguodala? You lose.

if its not important to you then why are you constantly saying things about philly fans?

and because sixers fans are a lot different then eagles fans? philly lives and dies with the eagles, while the sixers are miles and miles away from that

• Owner

if its not important to you then why are you constantly saying things about philly fans?

and because sixers fans are a lot different then eagles fans? philly lives and dies with the eagles, while the sixers are miles and miles away from that

Well, hmm...I don't mind Westbrook. Didn't mind TO until he became a big mouth. I liked Randall Cunningham. I liked Reggie White.

Now, if I'm not mistaken, I think all of those guys have had on Philly green before. Maybe you would confirm that?

And I don't constantly say things about Philly fans until this topic, and another where all of you were involved in more baiting, back and forth. Just a big spoonful of your own medicine, though. You guys like to go after Cowboys fans, Giants fans, Pats fans, had a huge argument a couple years back on OTR about bandwagoning Manning and the Colts (or Brady and the Pats, forgot which it was).

You guys sure like to dish it out, but you have trouble taking it in.

If I were to do this all season long, I'm pretty sure you guys would all stop talking football and take a hike, especially when your team won't be winning it all, and you'll have nothing on me at the end of the season (sorry).

But don't worry, it's only me showing you how ridiculous it could get, if I let most of our football fans sling mud like some of you Philly fans here on OTR. Counting on my fingers, you guys would shut your mouths quickly, because there are a handful who would just feed on it for 16+ games, more of them than there are of you guys, three times or more.