Monta Ellis vs Mo Williams

Revis Island

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Monta Ellis is a great ball handler and he has the great ability to get to the basket. He plays with great intensity and is able to create for himself and others. He is the type of player that other teams always have to worry about because he can put up big numbers against most teams in the league.

Who's the better player, not choker.

One playoff series doesn't say who's better.

Mo is a much better point guard. Monta is just a dynamic guard. Mo shoots the 3 better and had a better regular season last year and in total than any of Monta's seasons.

Mo is not a second option player on a good team, that is why the Cavaliers failed.. Monta could be a second option player on a good team IMO, especially once he gets a bit older and more experienced. Monta in Mo's position would average 20+ easily, who cares if Mo is a better passer because Monta is better at just about everything else. And LeBron will never need a natural PG on his team anyways, he could live with a spot up shooter at PG honestly.

EDIT_ Kinda bringing back an old topic but just wanted to post my thoughts to this dumb Cavs homer. He would not be saying this if Mo was still on the Bucks I can assure that.

Edited by travesy3

One playoff series doesn't say who's better.

Mo is a much better point guard. Monta is just a dynamic guard. Mo shoots the 3 better and had a better regular season last year and in total than any of Monta's seasons.

Mo Williams stats last season as the point guard: 17.8 PPG 3.4 RPG 4.1. APG

Monta Ellis stats last season as a combo guard: 19.0 PPG 4.3 RPG 3.7 APG

How is Mo Williams a better point guard when he averages 4.1 assists per game while a combo guard who's not even playing at 100% averages 3.7 assists.

Correct me if I'm wrong but he doesn't seem like a much better point guard to me. Monta Ellis is clearly the better player. Before the injury he was one of the fastest players in the league and a prolific scorer with an unstoppable penetration game. He also doesn't fall in love with the three ball like every other player in this league.

honestly its a tough decision. mo has the attitude to put together a good team, i mean he is funny and has good chemistry. he is a better shooter too. while ellis is the better player in pretty much every other aspect, he has a horrible attitude.

• 4 weeks later...

Monta Ellis is easily the better player. Ellis can score independently and he will always get his buckets, on the other hand, Mo Williams has to get spoon fed and hes either hot or not. One day he can't miss and the next day he can't make a shot. Mo Williams is basically a good shooter who on rare occasions can create his own, but hes not really that type of player who u can give him the ball and tell him get me 2 points. Ellis can actually score with ease. His quickness and ability to score around the rim is great and he could also shoot the mid range jumper. His main problem on offense is his range.

• 1 month later...