Sacramento may lose Kings

headliner

After learning that Arco Arena is considered unsuitable to host a major college basketball tournament, Mayor Kevin Johnson said Tuesday that Sacramento could lose the Kings if efforts for a new arena aren't stepped up. The mayor made his statements after finding out the NCAA had bypassed Sacramento's bid to host the regional round of the men's basketball tournament. Arco Arena has hosted the money-making event four times since 1994.

link

If the Kings did have to move, it would most likely be to Vegas. The Maloof brothers LOVE it there, and the city would love to have an NBA team.

David Stern still has doubts of doing that since the whole gambling probe, Las Vegas is the capital of gambling so I doubt that will happen.

David Stern still has doubts of doing that since the whole gambling probe, Las Vegas is the capital of gambling so I doubt that will happen.

David Stern also likes clean slates, and letting Vegas have a team would be a nice way of doing that. But alas, he's pretty paranoid with the league's image...I can see him denying Vegas a team just because of the prior gambling scandal.

Vancouver please! We need a franchise back in the city. Basketball popularity has risen a lot since the departure of the Grizzlies. But I doubt David Stern would want a team to move to Canada.

Totally off topic, but where in Vancouver do you live? Like in Van, or in Burnaby or New West or what?