Question about playing Football.

Revis Island

How much is a Wide out suppose to bench press talking about for High School and the NFL, Compare if you can. Just incredibly curious, whether it or not they are limited from being too strong, the only really strong WR I know is Terrell Owens, but he has probably the most intense workout ever.

Wide recievers don't need to be too strong at all. Randy Moss is weak however since he's fast he can make up for your lack of strength. The most slower you are the stronger you have to be to beat corner backs in press coverage. If you are a WR and you can bench 250 a couple times you are pretty good.

so would TE be a better option, if you aren't the fastest guy out there?

Not necessarily. I mean you don't need to be blazing fast in HS but if you have the hands I'd go out for WR. TE is usually for bigger guys.

TE is a better position than WR in HS anyway.

Well it depends on what teams run. It's not if teams run a 4-wide spread like most do to take advantage of their athletes, but some like to run the easy offset-I formations that do need a tight end, so it depends on what the system calls for.

Well it depends on what teams run. It's not if teams run a 4-wide spread like most do to take advantage of their athletes, but some like to run the easy offset-I formations that do need a tight end, so it depends on what the system calls for.

Well if you run 4 wide you are going need a good QB to be able to run that offense. I haven't seen many highschools run that offense.