Computer/Computer related discussion/help Thread

Lkr

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. In Windows Explorer(Start>Run>Explorer), navigate to the C:\WINDOWS\System32 folder.

2. In that folder locate the file named dfrg.msc.

3. Right click on dfrg.msc and select "Open With..."(or something of that sort) from the menu. (this should bring up a dialog where you can select a program to open this type of file)

Hit the Browse button and navigate once again to the C:\WINDOWS\System32 folder.

Locate the file named mmc.exe and click on it.

Hit the Open button.

Back in the Open With dialog, make sure Microsoft Management Console is now

highlighted as the program to open this file.

If so, put a check mark in the box next to "Always use the selected program to

open this kind of file".

Click OK.

Go back to the Start menu and see if you can launch Disk Defragmenter.

Let me know how that turns out.

Edited by deestillballin

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834114649

4GB RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (1 GB)

Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 2.66GHz

$1250

4650 desktop version is decent for current games, I can't imagine how the laptop version would be. IT would be fine for older games and WoW, but it is already outdated.

Okay recently, my laptop screen wont turn off after the alloted time...10 minutes.

I know for a fact that an application is running in the background that is preventing it from turning off, I just dont know how to fine that program.

any ideas?

Alright, well I'm looking for a new battery for my Dell Inspiron 9400 Laptop. I've already went to dell.com and looked but it cost like $155 which is insane. I was wondering if you guys knew of a site besides sells computer batteries besides eBay that is legit.

I really really need one. I've had my laptop for 3 years and I've rarely ever taken the charger out of it. I know it's stupid but I didn't realize it until it was too late. Now my battery holds its charge for like 10 minutes when it's not connected to the charger.

I really really need one. I've had my laptop for 3 years and I've rarely ever taken the charger out of it. I know it's stupid but I didn't realize it until it was too late. Now my battery holds its charge for like 10 minutes when it's not connected to the charger.

Yeah, that's the same thing that happened to my Mac. You take it off, it crashes. The battery cannot hold [expletive]. So I gotta get a new one before college for sure.

I also need the things that go on the back of the keyboard keys. I currently have two keys off my keyboard because the white thing on the back broke. I can't replace one of the keys because the little black that the key presses on fell of. I've searched around and wasn't able to find anything. If anyone could direct me in the right direction it'd be appreciated.

http://i25.tinypic.com/30ico49.jpg