Better Closer: Wade vs LeBron

Revis Island

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah, not an Original Topic since It involves LeBron, most of you will say, but honestly I am curious on some of your thoughts, Who is the better closer? Jalen Rose had said Dwyane Wade is the better closer, when comparing these two and since Jalen is typically wrong about everything, I think I'll roll with LeBron, plus LeBron is a great closer himself anyways I see it with my eyes too.

*ATTENTION* I wanted to make a poll but I accidentally posted first. Please add Poll.

• Owner

After watching Wade have a great deal of trouble with Atlanta, LeBron gets my pick. I did see LeBron struggle against the Magic in that final game, but that one game doesn't give me a big enough reason to change my stance on the topic.

Plus, Wade can finish well at the rim if he gets there. LeBron finishes at the rim when he gets there. If I need a basket with ten to go, just a drive and a layup or dunk, it's going to LeBron. Maybe not two years ago because he was passive, but the current LeBron is aggressive and isn't afraid to shoot or drive anymore.

I have to say Wade, his mid range game makes him much more dangerous IMO. LeBron's jumper is much improved but I feel like all he does at the end of games is launch fadeaway threes. Wade would get the best shot possible.

But if we are talking closer overall, meaning he DOESN'T have to take the shot, and can create for someone else, it is LeBron no doubt.

• 4 weeks later...

Both are equally good. In last shot situations I would give D-Wade the shot if it were a mid range J but I would give LeBron the ball if it were to slash or shoot the 3. I would also trust LeBron to be the better overall play maker and is a better passer than Wade. LeBron has set up his teammates for the last shot on multiple occasions, he knows how to put them on their hot spot. They both know how to put their work in, so I would pick either one.

Its a tough choice even for a die-hard Wade fan like myself. They both do things differently. LeBron is a mega talented passer while Wade can go on an isolation play and hit that step-back jumper 9 out of 10 times on you.

I'll take Wade because of his jumper.

Its a tough choice even for a die-hard Wade fan like myself. They both do things differently. LeBron is a mega talented passer while Wade can go on an isolation play and hit that step-back jumper 9 out of 10 times on you.

I'll take Wade because Im a Heat fan

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

Wade cuz I am a homer..and no one has come close to closing out a big time series like Wade. You all forget exactly what he did against the Mavs in the finals...go back and study the tapes :glasses:

• Like 1

^There was actually only 2 chances where LeBron could close, on one of them he delivered. The second one was in Game 5 I think where he had to shoot a contested three from half court. Your using a terrible argument.

If I remember correctly, he had the ball in his hands in the final seconds of game 1 with the chance to win, but passed it up. And all of those games in the ECF's were close and most of them came down to the last few possesions, yet the Cavs still lost the series because Lebron couldnt close the games.

Wade vs the Mavs in the Finals makes this way too easy.

Everytime Wade had the ball starting in the second half of game three he was just phenomenal. It seemed like he hardly ever missed or made a bad play. He just dominated. I say that as a Mavs fan who thought we had the series and believed the critics. Woops nd ouch.

Wade vs the Mavs in the Finals makes this way too easy.

Everytime Wade had the ball starting in the second half of game three he was just phenomenal. It seemed like he hardly ever missed or made a bad play. He just dominated. I say that as a Mavs fan who thought we had the series and believed the critics. Woops nd ouch.

LeBron vs. the Pistons in Game 5 in a hostile Detroit crowd and staying persistent through 2 overtimes makes this way too easy. So does LeBron's game winner in Game 2 vs. Orlando, and his game winner vs. Washington in Game 1 or 2 (I forget) from the 2006 playoffs.

LeBron has been more consistent in his success.

I'd have to take Wade. It seems as if LeBron forces too many "iffy" shots towards the end of games. Hopefully he can learn from those mistakes and instead look for a good shot or drive the lane opposed to taking garbage shots out of desperation.

Both are almost equally but i gotta choose one and i would say LeBron because he can drive, make a jumper or 3 or pass the ball to opening man. I would trust LeBron with the ball than i do with Wade but like i said they are both amazing closing games out

• 4 weeks later...