Kanye checking into rehab?

fish7718

Rapper Kanye West is checking into rehab, reports say.

The 32-year-old, who has been in the spotlight a lot recently after having an altercation with country singer Taylor Swift at the recent MTV Video Music Awards, may have to check into rehab to sort out his problems.

Reportedly, Kanye has been drinking heavily ever since his mum Donda died in 2007 after having a tummy tuck.

An insider said: "His drinking is getting worse — and when he has too much, he can be mean and obnoxious. If he doesn't get help soon, things could really spiral out of control."

The source added: "Kanye's afraid to go to rehab, but he knows he needs help and is taking steps in the right direction."

Supposedly West doesn't remember storming the stage at the VMAs and interrupting Taylor Swift because he was so drunk.

Source

Anyone else hear anything about this?

Watch the video again, does he seem that drunk to you? I've seen drunk people, people who can't even talk, know where they are, or stand up. And he looked pretty collected to me, I'm not saying he wasn't drinking at all, but to say he forgot the whole incident? :huh:

Seems to me like a ploy to maybe get some of the heat off, and back into a good light with the public after his little stunt backfired. But that sucks about his mom, and if he really does have a drinking problem I hope he gets the help he needs.

I wonder if this is an excuse to redirect things. With all the media and attention, instead of taking the blame, it's easier to point at something else "oh, it was my drinking problem", and create a story behind it to make it seem more legit. Also, having the incident caused by something else and having the courage to go to rehab would sustain his popularity, instead of remaining known as a total prick for the rest of his career.

Either way, I don't really care. Whether he leaves the music world or not doesn't make much of a difference to me.

By the way, how did he get on that stage in the first place?

Seems to me like a ploy to maybe get some of the heat off, and back into a good light with the public after his little stunt backfired.

I agree with the first part about trying to take some of the heat off, but if this were true it wouldn't exactly help his image, being an alcoholic isn't something that will help your image imo.

Either way Kanye is a wackjob.

Edited by travesy3