Marbury: Stars Shouldn't Sign With Knicks

Stephon Marbury is advising stars not to sign with the Knicks.

Marbury cited the way the organization treats people and his belief that teams can't win championships playing a style like the one coach Mike D'Antoni employs.

"I wouldn't want to play in that system," Marbury told The New York Post. "That system can't win championships. You can't win championships if you don't talk about defense. In Boston, the coaches even play defense."

Marbury added that being exiled from the team for four months before he finally received a buyout "mentally damaged" him and effected his Boston performance.

Marbury, who still doesn't have an agent, hopes to re-sign with Boston.

"Mentally, what I had to deal with, the process with D'Antoni, the president (Donnie Walsh), it was mindboggling," Marbury added. "Two people can't make a decision and they have to go above them to Mr. Dolan.

Mentally I was damaged and didn't even realize it.

"Going back next year, I'll be free. When you're weathering the storm, you're not thinking how bad the storm is. You're just holding on, trying to get through the finish."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60241/20090701/marbury_stars_shouldnt_sign_with_knicks/

Hell I dont much blame him being mad at the Knicks look at how they did him.

i actually agree. they didnt treat him the right way, they should have just bought him out from day one and leave the man alone. i dont like marbury but he got blamed for more [expletive] while with the knicks then just about anyone ive ever seen (him and a-rod for the yanks)...people think he [expletive]ed up our franchsie but really he was not the problem he gave 100% he just didnt fit well.