Scoop interviews Allen Iverson

Good interview. It sounds like the organization didn't treat him with honesty. It also shows some lack of flexibility on Iveron's part.

Him saying things like "I used to run down the court six, seven times in a row and not even see [the ball]. You know, I wouldn't even touch the ball. And that was the frustrating part." or "You never heard of anybody before that in my whole career ever saying anything about Allen Iverson coming off the bench. ... Now it's in everybody's mind. Now people are thinking, 'Oh yeah, he should come off the bench.'", and a 'me against the world' attitude with "Man, people have been waiting for me to fall off my whole career.", and about his style not being team-oriented "But that's the only way I know how to play. What, [you're] just going to take [away] something God gave to me? God gave me this ability to play this way." still makes me skeptical of him.

He does make a great point here, though: "When I was in Denver, and I was third in the league in scoring, that's because it was just me and Melo carrying the offensive burden. Nene was hurt. [There] wasn't no Nene. There was no Chris Anderson. And in all my years in Philadelphia, you know we didn't have [another] big-time scorer. So when you look at my stats, and you see the numbers are going down, recognize that I'm playing with better personnel. Just like this year, we have Rudy [Gay], and we have O.J. [Mayo]. And we have Zach [Randolph]. So knowing that, how in the [expletive] am I going to get 25 shots a night? But people don't look at it that way, Scoop. They don't look at it that way."

But seeing Iverson's perspective now, I can see that it wasn't completely the addition of AI as it was the poor decisions of the organization that created the downfall for the Pistons last year. Hopefully, for his sake, he can back up what he says and help carry the Grizzlies to the playoffs, although I'm still unsure about how well this team will gel on the court together.

• Owner

It's all about Stuckey for the Pistons, and that's why they have the potential to fail, big time. They just brought in Ben Gordon, who is a two-guard and nothing more. He can't run the point. Hamilton can't run the point.

So what will they do? Bring Gordon off the bench.

Well, it's just another example of how dumb they are. Gordon is a legit starter, and he NEEDS to start in Detroit.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe they'll start him and Rip in the backcourt...but Gordon isn't a PG, and that won't fare well unless, somehow, Prince or Rip facilitate the offense.

The problem with last year's team was that Stuckey is also a two-guard. He's not a pure point. If you have a guy WILLING to run the point guard position (Iverson) and someone who isn't even ready to start yet (Stuckey), then that's how you play the entire season.