UFC needs Kimbo?

• Owner

Probably not, but why do they act like it?

Did you see Kimbo's loss to Nelson? His stand up wasn't even good, let alone his pathetic ground game.

But, to no surprise, Kimbo looks to be making his way back to the show, after a freak injury from one of the others.

Is the UFC that desperate?

It's clear that the UFC doesn't need him. He got dominated by a guy who acknowledges he's not in shape, lol.

They could use the ratings though. And that's what they'll get with Kimbo.

That "out of shape" guy just so happens to be one of the top 20 Heavyweights in the world. He is a BJJ black belt under Renzo Gracie and has beaten people like Frank Mir and Jeff Monson, two outstanding heavyweight grapplers, in grappling matches. He has competed in Abu Dhabi Grappling Championships and is a former IFL Heavyweight Champion. He should not be on a show like TUF because he is clearly more experienced and has better skills at this point then anybody else on the show.

Roy Nelson is a huge favourite to win TUF 10 and is the best fighter in the house. He looked terrible in the Kimbo fight because he just went out there to barley do enough to win the fight, but make no mistake about it, he is a talented fighter. His only losses have come to Andrei Arlovski, Ben Rothwell (fighting Cain Valesquez at UFC 104, Josh Curran and Jeff Monson (was a controversial decision). Arlovski is a former UFC Champion, Monson was a former HW contender and Rothwell is a current HW contender in the UFC.

Probably not, but why do they act like it?

Did you see Kimbo's loss to Nelson? His stand up wasn't even good, let alone his pathetic ground game.

But, to no surprise, Kimbo looks to be making his way back to the show, after a freak injury from one of the others.

Is the UFC that desperate?

They don't act like they need him. TUF 10 needs him because Kimbo = ratings and ratings = money. The Ultimate Fighter is more about making money than it is about actually finding talented, unknown fighters and has been that way since about TUF 4 or so (The Comeback one).

As for Kimbo's stand up, it was a lot better than it was before. He landed some good shots and was throwing some decent combinations. He rocked Nelson once or twice and the only fighter to have ever KO'd Nelson is Andrei Arlovski who has some of the best hands in all of MMA (too bad his chin is made of glass lol).

Kimbo showed some good thigns in that fight though and has certainly gotten better. He showed some much improved takedown defense and was outstriking Nelson. I do agree with you about his ground game though. It is not good but the fact that he was almost able to use the cage to buck an accomplished BJJ practitioner like Nelson showed a lot of improvement, but you are right, his ground game is poor.

I used to be a Kimbo basher just because of how EliteXC hyped him up to be something that he is not, but after seeing how he is on TUF, seeing the work that he has put in to improve and the fact that he actually went on TUF rather then signing with some smaller orginization to cash in on his name has made me a fan of his.

The UFC doesn't need him at all, but keep in mind that the UFC is a business and Kimbo is a huge draw so obviously they are going to milk him for every penny that they can possibly get.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

That "out of shape" guy just so happens to be one of the top 20 Heavyweights in the world. He is a BJJ black belt under Renzo Gracie and has beaten people like Frank Mir and Jeff Monson, two outstanding heavyweight grapplers, in grappling matches. He has competed in Abu Dhabi Grappling Championships and is a former IFL Heavyweight Champion. He should not be on a show like TUF because he is clearly more experienced and has better skills at this point then anybody else on the show.

Roy Nelson is a huge favourite to win TUF 10 and is the best fighter in the house. He looked terrible in the Kimbo fight because he just went out there to barley do enough to win the fight, but make no mistake about it, he is a talented fighter. His only losses have come to Andrei Arlovski, Ben Rothwell (fighting Cain Valesquez at UFC 104, Josh Curran and Jeff Monson (was a controversial decision). Arlovski is a former UFC Champion, Monson was a former HW contender and Rothwell is a current HW contender in the UFC.

I know that, but I think he said he knew he was or something earlier in the show. I could be mistaken. He just looks so slow and pudgy lol.

I know that, but I think he said he knew he was or something earlier in the show. I could be mistaken. He just looks so slow and pudgy lol.

Ok, I thought that you were insinuating that because he has a gut and doesn't look like your typical fighter that he wasn't a legit fighter or anything.

The funny thing is that despite his physical appearance, Nelson was known for his great agility for such a large guy. He was surprisingly agile and quick for a guy that looks like he would gas out from the walk to the octagon. I'm not sure if he is still as agile as he once was because he has gotten bigger since I last saw him fight. The guy is no joke though, regardless of his appearance. He will never be a contender in the heavyweight division or anything but barring any freak injury, mental breakdown or him just simply getting caught, he should really just run right through the competition during TUF 10 and be a solid gatekeeper in the UFC.

• Owner

Wow, I had no idea Nelson beat Frank Mir. I heard he used to be good, but I wasn't expecting him to be that good.

See, I'm not a die-hard MMA fan like a lot of you. I loved the old UFC, the tourneys and such, and Gracie was my favorite fighter. Now I'm still watching the UFC, I like Diego Sanchez, Brock Lesnar and Anderson Silva...but I don't step outside of that box and see much of anything else, mainly because I'm still way too interested in basketball, haha.

I have seen a few fights from Fedor, though...but nothing else outside of the UFC.

Dana wants hom for at least 1 or 2 PPV events to rake in the $ and then see where it goes from there.

I heard that the UFC signed that Seth Petrozelli dude for a 1 fight contract.

Rematch fight VS Kimbo. hmmmmm. Kinda obvious.