We Need to Fix This...

Jenneral

Our team is so lost right now. Going into the off-season I thought we were one, maybe two moves away from being a playoff contending team. The Bucks finished 34-48 last season after dealing with injuries throughout most of the season. Most of the success that we had can be credited to three players. None of them are still with the Bucks. These past few months the Bucks parted ways with Jefferson, Sessions, and Villanueva. The trade which sent Jefferson packing was thought to clear room to keep both Villanueva and Sessions in the green & red this season. Apparently that wasn't the case.

Now both of them are gone too and we are left with two or three solid players on our entire roster. Our team will be lead by Bogut this season as Redd will continue to jack up shots without looking to teammates. I know I've been against the drafting of Jennings but as long as he can keep his head straight he should turn out to be a solid PG in the league.

Since we royally [expletive]ed up our team we really need to make some more moves. Why stop now? We can't just keep losing and banking on draft picks as that's clearly not working. We have the key pieces to start building around. We need to trade Redd this season for picks and other starter worthy players just to help complete the season.

After this season we should look to have a few solid players in Bogut, Jennings, and Alexander. That's when we use draft picks and free agency to get us back on track. We can't afford to keep wasting seasons. After this one we really need to get active and get back in this thing. The only way I see us doing that is to part with Redd for some picks. I think if this is done sooner rather than later, the Bucks could possibly be a playoff contending team in 2-3 seasons.

What are your thoughts on this terrible mess that is the Milwaukee Bucks?

• Owner

If you're banking on a team led by Bogut, Jennings and Alexander, you may be disappointed in the end.

Jennings fell off the face of the Earth for a while after those pre-draft workouts, and for good reason: he just wasn't as good as the other PG's. The potential is still there, but it's just not as convincing anymore, and won't be if he doesn't put on some weight. The likelihood that he turns into an Allen Iverson? Slim to none.

Bogut is a good center, but he's not a franchise player.

As far as Alexander goes...I don't even consider him a big part of this team soon.

Redd needs to be dealt, yes...but how much will you get out of him now? Once a 26-27 PPG scorer, he's not giving you much other than injuries and reasons to believe he'll never be that same one-dimensional, volume shooter ever again...and while it wasn't THAT great before, it's nothing to smile at now for sure.

Draft and free agency is the way to go. I'm not sure what superstars will want to ride into Milwaukee in 2010, but if you can rake in just ONE, it would boost the morale of the team and the fans a bit more, and could lead to a 50-win season in a couple of years.

I agree that the Bucks seem to be going nowhere.

OUT: Jefferson, Villanueva, Sessions, Amir Johnson

IN: Jennings, Delfino, Warrick, Kurt Thomas

Those are their main headlines this offseason. I'm not too sure what they'll be playing for this season but seems like the franchise might be looking towards the 2010 off season in hopes to land a Superstar on their team. Jennings will probably have his ups and downs this season while I don't see Redd playing all 82 games once again. Delfino and Warrick will probably be decent contributors but they lack that franchise player they can build their team around. They should be competitive but I don't see them winning a lot of games, especially with the much improved Eastern Conference.

Edited by aLmighty

They are not looking to win now cuz' they can't even if they were above average. Just rack up lottos and youth like Portland and Oklahoma City.

I get that, but if we continue doing that for too long eventually our earlier lotto picks such as Bogut and Jennings will hit the free agency market and laugh their way to another team.

The Bucks really need to shed Michael Redd's salary to rebuild but he has one year left on his contract, plus a player option for 2010/11 he won't turn down. He's coming off a major injury and he has two years left on an expiring contract---the Bucks won't get much for him except more bad contracts. Dan Gadzuric also has two years left, and for some reason is being paid about 7 million per. If the Bucks are going to get rid of those players, they'll have to move them with a high draft pick and a young player with potential, but the Bucks don't possess a young stud.

At least they have a pretty sizable expiring contract in Luke Ridnour to trade, plus Kurt Thomas, Hakim Warrick, Bruce Bowen, and Francisco Elson come off after this year, but even with all four coming off, the Bucks only save $10.5 million.

But it's probably going to take two seasons for the Bucks to restock their talent.

As a Sixer fan I would definetly love to trade for Redd. I'm not sure what pieces we have that the Bucks would like. Philly definetly isn't giving up Thaddeus though and I'm not sure which large contract on the team Milwaukee would have any interest in. Oh poopy <_<

As a Sixer fan I would definetly love to trade for Redd. I'm not sure what pieces we have that the Bucks would like. Philly definetly isn't giving up Thaddeus though and I'm not sure which large contract on the team Milwaukee would have any interest in. Oh poopy <_<

Draft picks maybe? Any expiring contracts? Anything!

We can't be in a semi-rebuild mode. It has to be all or nothing in order to accomplish even the slightest bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a relatively new Bucks fan because my brother's in WI for college (3rd year now) and I like Brandon Jennings (no homo) , honestly I don't see much wrong with what they're doing now. Jennings is going to be better than expected, Redd..is Redd, Moute and Alexander will man the 3, as will Ilyasova and Warrick, and Bogut has the five. If they're to make any moves now, it should be to improve at the 3-4 position because realistically Michael Redd isn't going anywhere. An Austin Daye - Lamar Odom type player is exactly what they need to go from being a 35-40 win team to improving..