Wouldnt it be awesome

kingfish

If the Twins made the playoffs and BEAT the Yankees? That would be incredible. The Twins with very low resources and payroll, against the Yankees with an unfathomable payroll and all the resources. Its like throwing pebbles at someone who has a gun. I would love to see it happen, and would of course be embarrassing on the Yankees part.

Ha, I love the hate. Truthfully I can't wait until the playoffs just begin, and am really excited to see the Yankees go for their 27th this year. I love our odds, but still don't want to sound cocky. I'm not worrying about any other team but us, whoever we do play is in the hands of the Twins-Tigers games today.

A team with limited money beating a rich team is a big thing. No really?

Pretty obvious, don't ya think?

If you dont like the thread, please dont make useless posts like that.

Thanks.

Edited by kingfish

If you dont like the thread, please dont make useless posts like that.

Thanks.

It's not a useless post. My point is, of course it's a big thing if a team with limited resources beats a team with a lot of weapons in a series. There's nothing to argue.

So are you mad I started this thread or something?

No, I'm just questioning the point you're trying to bring across.

I can say...

If Devin Harris stays healthy and if Brook Lopez continues to put up great numbers and if Yi Jianlian has truly improved and if Terrence Williams proves his talent in the NBA and if Courtney Lee is really over being traded and if Lawrence Frank makes the right decisions and if the Nets play well together as a team and if they make the playoffs and if they keep on winning and go to the Finals and if they beat the Lakers then won't it be amazing.

Obviously, that's exaggerating what you said but you brought up two if's and we haven't even gone through the first stage with the tiebreaker.

No most of the Lakers talent is home grown talent. The Yankees just sign every major free agent they can possibly get their hands on. Im not trying to get any point across, im just stating my opinion. I think it would be awesome if the Twins beat the Yankees because the Twins are a real baseball team while the Yankees just throw money around and whine and complain when it doesnt get the job done. If you dont like it, then get out of the thread.

No most of the Lakers talent is home grown talent. The Yankees just sign every major free agent they can possibly get their hands on. Im not trying to get any point across, im just stating my opinion. I think it would be awesome if the Twins beat the Yankees because the Twins are a real baseball team while the Yankees just throw money around and whine and complain when it doesnt get the job done. If you dont like it, then get out of the thread.

Basketball, Baseball, apples, oranges.

Basketball has a salary cap.

No most of the Lakers talent is home grown talent. The Yankees just sign every major free agent they can possibly get their hands on. Im not trying to get any point across, im just stating my opinion. I think it would be awesome if the Twins beat the Yankees because the Twins are a real baseball team while the Yankees just throw money around and whine and complain when it doesnt get the job done.

I am aware of the difference, I'm not talking about how the better team gets their talent. I don't know how to continue the argument when we're not even on the same page. All I've been trying to say is I don't see what you're trying to say.

If you dont like it, then get out of the thread.

When you disagree on something, you reply to it and start a discussion, not "get out of the thread." I really should be asking you if you're mad.

• Owner

You can't sit there and tell someone not to defend their MLB team, then go defend your NBA team in topics discussing them. That's pretty ass-backwards, don't you think?

If someone made a topic with the initial post...

Wouldn't it be awesome if the 8th seeded Rockets defeated the Lakers in the first round?

...you're telling me you wouldn't be in that topic, butting heads with the topic starter?

I am aware of the difference, I'm not talking about how the better team gets their talent. I don't know how to continue the argument when we're not even on the same page. All I've been trying to say is I don't see what you're trying to say.

When you disagree on something, you reply to it and start a discussion, not "get out of the thread." I really should be asking you if you're mad.

I cant put it in any simpler terms. I think it would be cool to see the Twins upset the Yankees, what dont you understand about that?

You never said you disagreed. Your first post in this thread was really childish, you said I was stating the obvious and tried to call me out in a sarcastic way. I get the impression that you agree with me, you just dont like the fact that im saying it.

I cant put it in any simpler terms. I think it would be cool to see the Twins upset the Yankees, what dont you understand about that?

You never said you disagreed. Your first post in this thread was really childish, you said I was stating the obvious and tried to call me out in a sarcastic way. I get the impression that you agree with me, you just dont like the fact that im saying it.

Well let me reiterate that it is stating the obvious saying it's awesome to see a big-time underdog upset a rich team.

And disagree, question, same idea. You don't have to get mad that I'm posting in your thread.

Well let me reiterate that it is stating the obvious saying it's awesome to see a big-time underdog upset a rich team.

And disagree, question, same idea. You don't have to get mad that I'm posting in your thread.

Ok. I apologize for the inconvenience of you having to read this thread. Im sorry I stated the obvious, thus leading to 5 wasted seconds of you reading something you already knew.

But to be fair. You stated that I stated the obvious. Wasnt that already obvious? By you stating that I stated the obvious, you yourself stated the obvious.

Ok. I apologize for the inconvenience of you having to read this thread. Im sorry I stated the obvious, thus leading to 5 wasted seconds of you reading something you already knew.

But to be fair. You stated that I stated the obvious. Wasnt that already obvious? By you stating that I stated the obvious, you yourself stated the obvious.

Yes but I was asking you if you were trying to bring across some less obvious point.

Whatever, there's nothing really worth arguing over anymore.

Edited by Waldo