Recruiting Thread

La Bomba

Post any recruiting updates such as upcoming visits, commitments, or anyother news concerning High School recruiting. I get all my news from Zagsblog and a few Memphis Tigers sites I know.

Michael Grilchrist had an unofficial vist to 'Nova this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
While the New York/New Jersey flavor will be strong at Kentucky, Kansas will host an elite group that includes Queens, N.Y. native Doron Lamb, a senior shooting guard at Oak Hill (Va.) Academy pictured at left.

The 6-4 Lamb has visited Oklahoma and plans to visit Kentucky or UConn next weekend.

“It’s a three-way tie out of Kentucky, Kansas and Oklahoma,” he told me earlier this week.

Also headed to Kansas for “Late Night in the Phog” are senior guards Harrison Barnes and Josh Selby and junior guards Bradley Beal and Josiah Turner.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/10/15/quartet-of-new-york-prospects-visiting-kentucky-others-hitting-kansas-providence-the-ville/#more-23269

Beal actually canceled at the last second IIRC

ESPN Rankings for these 5:

SF - Barnes - #1 Overall (#1 SF)

PG - Selby - #8 Overall (#3 PG)

SG - Lamb - #33 Overall (#8 SG)

SG - Woolridge - #94 Overall (#26 SG) (ALREADY COMMITTED)

PG- Turner - %51 Overall (2011)

Awesome group of visitors. Pumped for this season too.

I think MIami leads for Brandon Knight right now. He has a really close relationship with Haith and I think it'll come down to us and UK in the end. His mom is really pushing UM and the academics from what I've heard.

• 2 weeks later...

Harrison Barnes to UNC

Not a surprise to me, probably a massive disappointment to Duke fans, who thought they had him. KU fans now look to Knight and Selby as well as Doron Lamb.

Tarik Black considering Marquette, Memphis, Tennessee, Florida and Alabama. He's visiting Florida.

He'd be a massive addition to any of those teams, especially if Memphis can add him to an already impressive class.

Not a surprise to me, probably a massive disappointment to Duke fans, who thought they had him. KU fans now look to Knight and Selby as well as Doron Lamb.

He'd be a massive addition to any of those teams, especially if Memphis can add him to an already impressive class.

In regards to Knight, everything I've heard in regards to him leads me to believe the only way he leaves the state would be UCONN. Miami and UF are his top two and I think Miami leads.

In regards to Knight, everything I've heard in regards to him leads me to believe the only way he leaves the state would be UCONN. Miami and UF are his top two and I think Miami leads.

That's why we are going after Selby, but you'd know better than me here but I know he's going for academics too, what's the best place for him regarding that.

That's why we are going after Selby, but you'd know better than me here but I know he's going for academics too, what's the best place for him regarding that.

Well BK comes from a private school in Ft. Lauderdale and his family really likes the private schools because of the smaller classes and that whole deal. Miami is a private school but UF is a terrific academic institution and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he ended up there. Not to mention his boy Kenny Boynton is at UF but I think Kenny is a one and done guy. I wouldn't count out UK either.

In the end I think BK's strong relationship with Haith and the chance to be the face of his hometown team win out in the end. Unlike John Wall I think Brandon chooses UM over UK in the end.