Recruiting Thread

La Bomba

• 2 weeks later...
Shooting guard Bradley Beal announced he has verbally committed to Florida on Monday press conference at Chaminade High School, reports ESPN's Kansas affiliate www.TheShiver.com

Kansas, Illinois, Ohio State, Missouri, Duke and St. Louis U. were all in the running for the No. 15 overall prospect in the 2011 class.

I wanna do sumtin cool with recruiting to keep it organized and something. I dunno what I wanna do, but something similar to my spreadsheet idea I had.

Here's what I mean

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/2343/34751905.jpg

Edited by BasX

ESPNU's No. 7 player in 2011 Rakeem Christmas has narrowed his college list to five schools, according to a release from Academy of the New Church head coach Kevin Givens.

The 6-foot-9 junior will decide among Florida International, Florida, Georgetown, Oklahoma and Texas.

"I'm happy to work with a smaller group of schools going into the season," Christmas said. "I've been so busy with maintaining my grades and practicing with the team, that I think this will help me focus with having to deal with less pressure during the season. My transition at ANC has been great. I'm enjoying my classmates, teachers, and teammates. Coach Givens has been great with the workouts. I'm just ready for the season to start."

Christmas and ANC kick off the season on Thursday December 4th at 7:00 pm against Atlantic Christian.

• 1 month later...
Kentucky target C.J. Leslie 18 points and grabbed 11 rebounds in only 18 minutes of action as Word of God hammered Bluegrass Baptist School (Ky.) 96-48 on Friday night in Lexington, Ky.

In attendance, according to the Lexington Herald-Leader, was Kentucky head coach John Calipari along with Leslie's former teammate at Word of God and current Wildcat point guard John Wall.

"That's love right there," Leslie told the paper. "My former point guard coming to the game. I'm close to most of the team. I'm part of the family.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/onthetrail

• 3 months later...

I thought I'd revive this. Few things

• Josh Selby is official to Kansas
  • Doron Lamb is official to Kentucky
  • Rumor is Mike Rosario, transfer from Rutgers, is going to Florida
  • Terrence Jones and Terrence Ross are expected to make a decision in the near future

I thought I'd revive this. Few things

• Josh Selby is official to Kansas
  • Doron Lamb is official to Kentucky
  • Rumor is Mike Rosario, transfer from Rutgers, is going to Florida
  • Terrence Jones and Terrence Ross are expected to make a decision in the near future

I expect Terrence Jones to commit to U of O, playing out of Jefferson I think he'll stay in Oregon. If he and Ross both go to Oregon (which are both in their final 5 schools), I see the Ducks winning the PAC 10 next year.

Looks like Corey Joseph is going to be joining Tristan Thompson at Texas next season.

Call it early-entry insurance.

With Texas potentially losing a pair of guards to the NBA draft, the Longhorns got a commitment from point guard Cory Joseph on Friday.

Joseph, the No. 16 rated prospect in the Class of 2010, picked Texas over Connecticut, Minnesota, UNLV and Villanova.

"I had a great relationship with coach [Rick] Barnes and all the staff and players," Joseph said. "I feel that it's the best fit for me overall."

Tristan Thompson, who played with Joseph at Findlay Prep in Henderson, Nev., and on the Grassroots Canada AAU team, has also signed with Texas. Both Thompson and Joseph were named McDonald's All-Americans.

"It's good that we'll be able to play together again," Joseph said. "We had a lot of success over the past two years. We won the national championship twice. We're going to have a great time."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/news/story?id=5130568

I don't really follow a specific college team as I tend to just focus in on some of my favourite prospects and try to catch as many games of theirs as I can, which is why I took an interest in Ohio State (Evan Turner) this past season and USC the two seasons before (DeMar DeRozan and OJ Mayo), and with both Joseph and Thompson playing for Texas next season, it looks like that is where I will focus my college basketball attention on.

I definitely want to catch out players like Barnes, Knight, Selby and Sullinger as much as I can as well, so I will try to watch as many UNC, Kentucky, Kansas and OSU games as well.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/114117/teague-calipari.jpg

I don't know if this is the same account a KU fan made but either way i found it pretty funny

• Like 1

Really surprised that C.J Leslie went to N.C State, but I really like that, you dont want everyone joining a powerhouse. N.C State has two top 25 recruits now.

Terrence Jones will probably go to Washington with Ross too, unless he picks Kansas.

Rivals Released their final top 150 of the year, Top 10 are:

1 - Josh Selby - PG - Kansas

2 - Harrison Barnes - SF - North Carolina

3 - Enes Kanter - C - Kentucky

4 - Kyrie Irving - PG - Duke

5 - Jared Sullinger - PF - Ohio State

6 - Brandon Knight - PG - Kentucky

7 - Tobias Harris - SF - Tennessee

8 - Cory Joseph - PG - Texas

9 - Perry Jones - PF - Baylor

10 - Reggie Bullock - SG - North Carolina

• 2 weeks later...

honestly i believe syracuse has the best recruiting class even tho they dont have like 10 top 100 players memphis, but syracuse has best for the simple fact that they recreuited what they lost and no a bunch of high caliber players that will possibly ruin team chemistry, like for example wesley johnson leaves they recruited and signed cj fair, andy rautins graduates they got dion waiters, and arinze onuaku graduates they got fab melo, and all three of them are top 100 players to, three players leave and three new players come in at the same position, now you cant tell me that thats not good recruiting, i mean c'mon even the haters gotta admit it, think about it.....

honestly i believe syracuse has the best recruiting class even tho they dont have like 10 top 100 players memphis, but syracuse has best for the simple fact that they recreuited what they lost and no a bunch of high caliber players that will possibly ruin team chemistry, like for example wesley johnson leaves they recruited and signed cj fair, andy rautins graduates they got dion waiters, and arinze onuaku graduates they got fab melo, and all three of them are top 100 players to, three players leave and three new players come in at the same position, now you cant tell me that thats not good recruiting, i mean c'mon even the haters gotta admit it, think about it.....

Sentences please.

T-Jones is going to UK. UW loses a commitment.