Official NBA 2k10 Thread

Legacy

I've had four consecutive games with A's on my report card, earning at or above 1500 points each game, and I've yet to leave the Stampede, or even start for them. I've also been cut after every single one of those games, then re-signed by them.

I really do think it's a glitch of some sort. I'm in my 16th game with Idaho.

I think you need to restart.

Who is really far on their "my player" season? Do you only play the rookie year, or the whole career?

I think you play one year with your team, and then the next year you can choose to opt out and go to another team I think.

I've gotten pretty far into the season. I'm the 6th man for the Heat, and they have a losing record (17-22) yet are projected at 7th seed.

I've gotten to the point where I'm getting 15 points and 10 assists every game without much trouble. I shoot only about 10 shots each game, I make usually more than half, and get at least 2 to 4 FT attempts. My whole game is based on getting Wade, T-Mac (traded for JO), and Beasley scoring opportunities, and capitalizing on my own scoring opportunities whenever I'm open from midrange (85 midrange rating), or I have a lane to the basket. It's fun when Wade gets a steal, throws it to me running on the break while he races down the court, and I throw it back for an alley, and the announcers have their exaggerated "oooohhhhh"s, haha.

I'm trying to raise my 3PT shooting, cause I'm tired of players sagging on me all the time, since nobody plays me like that in real life. Right now its at around 50, and it already costs about 600 points to raise, even though I'm a freaking guard, haha. I'm completely out of drills, and it doesn't seem like I'll be getting any new ones till next off season by the looks of it.

I've had four consecutive games with A's on my report card, earning at or above 1500 points each game, and I've yet to leave the Stampede, or even start for them. I've also been cut after every single one of those games, then re-signed by them.

I really do think it's a glitch of some sort. I'm in my 16th game with Idaho.

That's weird. Just wondering, what's your rating? I think I finally got to the pros after getting over 60. Try raising strictly your awareness ratings, that'll get your overall up a lot faster. If your rating is a 60, you're getting an A (even if its off the bench), and you're still not playing for your pro team, then there is definitely some sort of glitch.

You may have to start over on a new saved profile, but I hope that's not the case.

I think you play one year with your team, and then the next year you can choose to opt out and go to another team I think.

I've gotten pretty far into the season. I'm the 6th man for the Heat, and they have a losing record (17-22) yet are projected at 7th seed.

I've gotten to the point where I'm getting 15 points and 10 assists every game without much trouble. I shoot only about 10 shots each game, I make usually more than half, and get at least 2 to 4 FT attempts. My whole game is based on getting Wade, T-Mac (traded for JO), and Beasley scoring opportunities, and capitalizing on my own scoring opportunities whenever I'm open from midrange (85 midrange rating), or I have a lane to the basket. It's fun when Wade gets a steal, throws it to me running on the break while he races down the court, and I throw it back for an alley, and the announcers have their exaggerated "oooohhhhh"s, haha.

I'm trying to raise my 3PT shooting, cause I'm tired of players sagging on me all the time, since nobody plays me like that in real life. Right now its at around 50, and it already costs about 600 points to raise, even though I'm a freaking guard, haha. I'm completely out of drills, and it doesn't seem like I'll be getting any new ones till next off season by the looks of it.

How are the contract/offseason options?

Is there much variation during the season or is it just playing game after game...

Question: In my player mode during games, do you have to control everyone on your team or just your player? If so, do you have to sit and watch the whole game or does it skip to where your player is subbed in?

Question: In my player mode during games, do you have to control everyone on your team or just your player? If so, do you have to sit and watch the whole game or does it skip to where your player is subbed in?

You only control your player and when you are on the bench you can press Y to sim till they put u in.

One thing i do hate about this game is when ur calling a pick&roll ur guy like refuses to move for like 5-6 seconds -_- alot of times. Also, i hate when the dude rolls, and u get it to him under the basket and he passes it back out just because a dude is near him and [expletive]s up ur assist smh.

Its also wierd that dude said i didnt get invited to TC(i got drafted 7th in the 2nd by the spurs), so i chose the knicks and then after i pressed start, dude started saying congrats on me being invited(to the spurs TC). I heard that basically clones ur player, not sure about that yet, will have to check it out.

Edited by Celtics3420

How are the contract/offseason options?

Is there much variation during the season or is it just playing game after game...

I haven't gotten that far as getting to the offseason.

And there is absolutely no variation once you are on your team. It's just game after game, trying to earn skill points and getting good enough to finally start. It does get sort of repetitive after a while. The bright side is that you can use your created player for online games in a crew. I've joined somebody's crew, but we haven't been online at the same time to play yet.

i think yall should kno in my player mode. u only get 1 yr contracts.

even if some how u got 99 overall an avg. 50 pts u only get 1 yr contract.

It makes sense for user enjoyment. Imagine signing a six year deal, and having to play almost 500 games for the same team. There is no option to demand a trade, either.

Hey guys i have a question to ask. When you play player mode and u play the regular season with NBA team does the game lag for u?

Yeah... my games been lagging pretty bad lately. It was fine the other day when I was playing on a medium-sized TV. But now that I've moved to playing on a much larger TV, it's been very buggy. It's getting really annoying too and I'm unsure if the TV size is really what's doing it. :unsure:

only thing i hate about 2k.

they didnt put roddy beaubois on the mavericks, i almost took the game back cus of it.

if u wait for a few updates they will put him on the game and all the other players they missed. they did it last year with nathan jawai he wasnt on the game at release date then later he was

A way to help your framerate a lot for your 360 (your using one right?) is to install your games. Put your game in, go to your dashboard, go to game library, click on NBA 2k10, and click on install game. It should take about 10-15 minutes. Next time you play your game, go to game library and click "play from hardrive". You still have to put your game in to play, but from now on when you play from the harddrive your xbox will be much quieter and the game will play much faster and smoother.

I still see people complaining about lag, even after I made this post. I'll say this once again, but if you want to decrease lag in your game, INSTALL THE GAME ONTO YOUR CONSOLE. It's not hard. It takes ten minutes. Read the quote above to find out how to do it.

I still see people complaining about lag, even after I made this post. I'll say this once again, but if you want to decrease lag in your game, INSTALL THE GAME ONTO YOUR CONSOLE. It's not hard. It takes ten minutes. Read the quote above to find out how to do it.

How do you do this on the ps3?

How do you do this on the ps3?

No idea. I don't own a PS3. I don't even know if they have this feature.

So I guess the comment is more directed towards xbox 360 users. I'm sure there should be some sort of simple method for the PS3 to reduce lag or framerate issues.