ALDS Discussion: Minnesota Twins vs. New York Yankees

Phightins

Well it's only fair to start off with the fact that the Yankees caught a HUGE break with Mauer not getting the double. The ball landed right in front of the umpire, I don't know how he missed that.

With that being said, I've watched A-Rod's HR five times and it's still giving me chills. A couple months ago, the Yankees would have preferred other players over A-Rod in clutch situations. This past week, though, he's shown he's our #1 guy. With the 7 RBI's and 2 HR's in one inning, and then coming through his last three times with runners on, we couldn't help but think homerun in the ninth inning.

I've always wanted to see Jeter and Teixeira get pie. One of them got it today :). The feeling of the playoff Yankees from years back is returning.

Great start by A.J., and it should calm down the catcher controversy. Burnett was under pressure because he had to perform with the controversy in his head, and it was his career playoff debut.

In the last two games, all of our big-money players have done their jobs. Jeter's 3-6 with a HR and 2 RBI's, A-Rod has come through in four situations with runners on, Teixeira had two game-changing hits late, Sabathia pitched 6 2/3 innings with 1 ER, and Burnett went 6 innings on 1 ER.

Oh, and way to go Robertson! An escape from a bases loaded no out jam that could have changed the momentum.

Edited by Waldo

My hat goes off to Alex Rodriguez. I'm happy he finally has thrived in October. Yes, that maybe an early statement, saying he is thrive and will continue to play exceptionally offensively.... but this is already his best post season performance of his career and it's only been 2 full games of the post season. He could go 0 for his next 15 ABs and his offenseive production these last two games would be the best of his spectacular career. Now that he has confidence in himself, the fans have confidence in him, and most importantly Mr. October(Derek Jeter) and the rest of this Yankee team has confidence in their 3B slugger all should be good!!!

-bummed that Jorge sat this one out though...

A-Rod has been nothing shy of amazing. He saved last game for us and got us started in this one when our offense was dead. I was getting worried when it was K after K for Pavano.

Congrats to the Twins on a long run and an impressive season. Farewell to the Metrodome.

Blah.. A-Rod finally came out of his shell and the Twins didn't play Twins baseball... Oh, and Gardenhire made some stupid moves. Nathan pitching against batters who all are .500 batting avg or better against him? Keeping Kubel in the lineup even though he keeps striking out?

Blah.. A-Rod finally came out of his shell and the Twins didn't play Twins baseball... Oh, and Gardenhire made some stupid moves. Nathan pitching against batters who all are .500 batting avg or better against him? Keeping Kubel in the lineup even though he keeps striking out?

You have to go with your best reliever in that situation. If the Twins would have ran the bases with some baseball knowledge this series would still be going on!

-Agree with you on the Kubel thing sort of... You could say the same thing about Damon, he struggled all series and his arm is a defensive liability in LF, but Girardi stuck with his best, most experienced guys... I imagine that was what Gardenhire was thinking also.

I'm sure the other relievers had better success against the heart of the Yankees lineup than Nathan.

Thing is, Damon has been in numerous playoff games, won a world series, etc. I don't think Kubel has even been out of the first round.

Regardless, the Twins didn't play Twins baseball. I hope we can get Mauer to a nice long contract, maybe get Cabrera back.. and some fans want Perkins to be traded (filing grievance).