NLDS Discussion: Colorado Rockies vs. Philadelphia Phillies

Phightins

It's unfortunate that the blown call may have cost the Colorado Rockies this game.

The umpiring was absolutely brutal on both ends (and the worst blown call against the Rockies actually wasn't the Utley thing, but they missed a clear balk from Madson). However it was very bad on both ends so I do not feel the least bit guilty. Don't forget the obvious strike 3 on Garrett Atkins in the first that was called a ball, and eventually cost the Phillies a run. Happ got squeezed so badly, but as the game went on I guess it evened out. That strike zone was very very difficult for the pitchers, on both sides.

But I was so [expletive]ing nervous for Lidge for that exact reason. That strike zone was as tight of one as I have seen perhaps all season, I did not expect Lidge to get out of that alive.

But seriously, what has been with the horrible umpiring all around Major League Baseball this October?

Edited by Phightins09

The umpiring was absolutely brutal on both ends (and the worst blown call against the Rockies actually wasn't the Utley thing, but they missed a clear balk from Madson). However it was very bad on both ends so I do not feel the least bit guilty. Don't forget the obvious strike 3 on Garrett Atkins in the first that was called a ball, and eventually cost the Phillies a run. Happ got squeezed so badly, but as the game went on I guess it evened out. That strike zone was very very difficult for the pitchers, on both sides.

But I was so [expletive]ing nervous for Lidge for that exact reason. That strike zone was as tight of one as I have seen perhaps all season, I did not expect Lidge to get out of that alive.

But seriously, what has been with the horrible umpiring all around Major League Baseball this October?

I didn't realize that Todd Helton was actually off the bag when I made that comment, but yes, the umpiring has been terrible this post-season.

Also (and this goes for every series, particularly this one though), the TBS coverage has been absolutely terrible. I NEVER thought I would say this, but I cannot wait until Fox gets the games back and I can hear Joe Buck and Tim McCarver do a game again. I honestly thought those two were as bad as it got as far as a play by play/color commentator duo, but then I got the pleasure of listening to Brian Anderson and Joe Simpson this series. Chip Caray might be even worse. Soooooo so bad.

Edited by Phightins09