Raptors Preparing $60M Offer For Turkoglu

Raps won't do this, to much for him. BC is smarter then this.

Do you still honestly have that much faith in Colangelo? The guy hasn't really done anything since coming to Toronto. Yeah, the Raptors made the playoffs two seasons, but that is more due to the fact that the Eastern Conference was ridiculously weak during those two seasons, especailly their division winning season. In fact, I would go as far as to say that the Raptors making the playoffs those two seasons was actually a detriment to the team. I think that it gave the players, management and fans a false hope in thinking that the Raptors were actually a better team than they really are and rather than rebuilding the team slowly and properly, many people believed that the Raptors were only a piece or two away from being contenders in the East (myself included) when in reality, that was not the case at all. Instead of rebuilding this thing entirely Colangelo went with a bunch of stop gap situations (guys like Jorge Garbajosa, Anthony Parker, JO trade and things like that) but all that really did was set the franchise back.

Colangelo's name has a huge attraction to it, but honestly, I have been less than impressed with him as a GM and especially his time in Toronto. I don't have much faith in the guy at all.

As for the signing itself, good god I hope it doesn't happen. It would be an absolutely terrible deal for the Raptors. They will improve, but they still won't be a playoff team and instead of getting a top 7 or so pick in next years draft, they will probably just miss out of the playoffs and end up with a pick in the 12-14 range. Bosh will still most likely walk next season because this teams future is really a damn mess, and especially if they don't add another high cailber rookie next season. To put it simply, if Colangelo offers Turkoglu this deal, he can follow Bosh right out of the door in 2010 as far as I am concerned. This would be the final straw for me.

PS: You say that Colangelo is too smart to do this, but don't you realize that Colangelo is the one that would be offering the contract to Turkoglu? Even if he doesn't offer the deal to Hedo, he is obviously at least considering it.

Again, Raptors have pulled out so regardless, he is not coming here. And he can consider a lot of deals and then not offer them, it's taking a temperature on a player and his commitments to a team. If this makes Portland grab him for more than they initially wanted, than it's fine. And a lot of the trades and signings he made, he has kinda made up for them later on(JO --> Marion, Kapono --> Evans).

Edited by BasX

This is a horrible move for Toronto.

I agree 100%

I btw BFT, I understand your unhappiness with BC, and he has made some really bad moves, but he seems to have started this crucial off-season decently well with the Evans acquisition and the DeRozan pick.

I agree 100%

I btw BFT, I understand your unhappiness with BC, and he has made some really bad moves, but he seems to have started this crucial off-season decently well with the Evans acquisition and the DeRozan pick.

I definitely agree with you on this and I give him huge props for being able to unload Kapono for anything (I loathed the signing from day one). Now that I read my previous post it does seem like I am saying that I think Colangelo is a terrible general manger but that isn't the case. I do think that he is a pretty good gm (although not as good as a lot of people make him out to be). I just don't necessarily agree with the way that he builds teams. I have always been a firm believer that you have to build from the inside out and have a tough, physical defense and have the offense come next. I have never been a fan of building a jump shooting, soft, offensive oriented team with a limited focus on the defensive end of the floor.

He has taken some nice steps this offseason and I acknowledge that. I didn't see the post about how Toronto had pulled out from the Turkoglu sweepstakes as I was writing my previous post at the same time as you posted that and reading about him potentially throwing that much money at Turkoglu basically made me lose all of the faith in Colangelo that I had in him lol.

ESPN is reporting that the Raptors are out of the running for Hedo.

That means...

Detroit Pistons

Toronto Raptors

Portland Trailblazers

Orlando Magic

Could Hedo be returning? He's reportedly turned down a $12 million and $11 million offer.

I see absolutely no reason for the Raptors to do that trade. They would be in the exact same situation as they are in now. A fringe playoff team at best with their best player going to leave the team after the year finishes. What is the point in this for Toronto?

I call BS on this.

Edited by Built Ford Tough