Braylon traded to Jets

Guest N4S

Wow. Didn't see this coming.

Report: Edwards traded to Jets: ESPN reports that the Jets have acquired WR Braylon Edwards from the Browns. Terms of the deal have yet to be known, but it is believed that Cleveland acquired at least a good draft pick in exchange for the receiver. Edwards has been a bust thus far in 2009 with 10 catches for 139 yards but joins a Jets offense that is similar to what was installed this year in Cleveland, so it might not take him too long to learn the playbook. In addition to struggling with the Browns since last season, Edwards recently was outed for allegedly striking a man outside a Cleveland night club, though no charges have been filed.

(Updated 10/07/2009).

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/players/playerpage/410134

• Owner

Whoa. That was unexpected. Was Braylon even rumored to go anywhere? I must have missed an article about that...

Good pick up for the Jets, really. Edwards just needed a new city, I believe. It just gives their young QB someone else to throw to.

Braylon is one of the most overrated WR's in the league with ease, he drops almost everything, real bad hands and causes a lot of problems in the locker room. Funny how hes traded to Mangini's old team, we'll see how this works out.

Edited by NeTs15VC

Braylon is one of the most overrated WR's in the league with ease, he drops almost everything, real bad hands and causes a lot of problems in the locker room. Funny how hes traded to Mangini's old team, we'll see how this works out.

he never really had a set QB in cleveland. and everyone has problems playing for the browns, i think the new team could really help him

or thats what im hoping. i traded for him last night right before i heard he was traded, so i am pretty happy right now. got him for real cheap

Now he can be jealous of LeBron when he goes to New York, too. It all works out.

LOL i was watching SportsCenter this morning in Drafting class and I heard Adam Schefter talking about this.

I couldn't agree more =D

Edited by Mentch

they won't. it can't be proven.

Well, at first that is what most people were thinking, but Jed York says he has indisputable evidence that there was tampering, but the latest rumor is that Roger Goodell and the NFL want the San Fransisco 49er's to stop pursuing the matter, even though they got screwed over with the whole Lance Briggs tampering a few years ago.