Ryan Anderson Fitting In With Magic

A.K.

I think Ryan makes a better compliment to Howard than Bass. I think it could actually be a good idea to start this guy ahead of Bass and let Bass come in and bang in the paint when Howard is on the bench. Having Nelson-Carter-Lewis-Anderson spreads more room in the paint for Howard than have Bass starting games off at the 4 leaving opposing PFs room to crowd Howard. If Anderson proves to have defensive efficiency, hits the 3 ball consistently, starts, and plays 25-30 mpg, then I think the Magic will have a better shot at keeping their status as a top 3 team. Otherwise, I still don't see this squad pulling off last year's success with Bass or Pietrus starting.

Edited by Poe

Nelson-Carter-Lewis-Anderson-Howard gives the Magic the best second unit in the league too.

They'd be subbing in Jason Williams-Mickael Pietrus, Matt Barnes, Brandon Bass, and Marcin Gortat.

That's better than some starting lineups.

Nelson-Carter-Lewis-Anderson-Howard gives the Magic the best second unit in the league too.

They'd be subbing in Jason Williams-Mickael Pietrus, Matt Barnes, Brandon Bass, and Marcin Gortat.

That's better than some starting lineups.

Yea, that is a pretty damn good bench. Better than maybe the worst teams in the league's starting line ups (like the Kings and Bucks), but nothing I would personally rely on to start games. None of those players are really starter-ready except perhaps Marcin in the right system, and Jason if he's not getting too old to handle the minutes.

Call me a homer, but personally I'd call the Heat bench just as good as the Magic's, if not better. Quinn-Cook-Wright-Beasley-Anthony (who actually beat the Heat's starting lineup in a scrimmage). Quinn > Williams (not joking, Jason is getting old and Quinn is actually a pretty good offensive player with a high 3PT%, very low TO tendency, sees the floor well, and has the ability to create his own shot against PGs his size or under - there is a reason why Riley didn't go after veteran PGs), Cook=Pietrus (two different players, Cook is a shooter and Pietrus is a slasher. Both are pretty good defenders), Wright>Barnes (both are similar in numbers as far as scoring and rebounding goes, but I give Wright the edge for upside and what he can do defensively), Beasley>Bass (obvious reasons, assuming Jones starts over Beas since Jones is on top in the depth chart atm), and Joel<Marcin (size, and I'm assuming Marcin's pay check is for a reason). Personal opinion, but hey, I wouldn't be so quick to call the Magic bench the obvious best in the league.

Edited by Poe

Just looking for an argument, huh?

You could say that, but Ryan Anderson is far from a traditional power forward like for example Robert Horry. This team is obviously trying to be the 95' Rockets. Problem? No Drexler, Horry, or Hakeem and nobody on the Magic are even damn close to them. I do hate the Orlando Magic very much, so you can excuse my hate if you want, but I see this team going no where EVER, in my opinion the Magic are the Buffalo Bills of the NBA.

You could say that, but Ryan Anderson is far from a traditional power forward like for example Robert Horry. This team is obviously trying to be the 95' Rockets. Problem? No Drexler, Horry, or Hakeem and nobody on the Magic are even damn close to them. I do hate the Orlando Magic very much, so you can excuse my hate if you want, but I see this team going no where EVER, in my opinion the Magic are the Buffalo Bills of the NBA.

:huh: